GLG Network Survey Tracker: EdTech Market Overview IV
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 100 deans and professors who discussed how COVID-19 has changed educational technology in US, Europe, MENA, Australia and New Zealand. This is the fourth survey to follow the third survey conducted in February 2022, second one in August 2021 and first one in February 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the Content Management System, Learning Management System and Student Information System their institution is using and whether it was easy for them to adapt to the new studying environment.
- The survey gathered insight into digital learning tools used in the classroom and how they provide a 360 experience for both teachers and students.
- The research also covered the budget used in implementing educational technology in institutions across the US, Europe, MENA and Australia/New Zealand regions, as well as the respondents’ opinion on educational trends they think will have the greatest impact on teaching and learning in the future.
Examples of findings:
- 77% of the respondents mentioned their technology budget will increase in the next 5 years, compared to 84% in February 2021.
- In the last iteration of this study, 24% of the experts reported a learning loss of over 1 year due to COVID-19, compared to 8% captured in August 2021.
- Overall, 52% of the participants were concerned by data privacy rules and 48% considered that students are becoming too reliant on technology.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- To what extent do the digital learning tools used at your school/used in your school district meet the following criteria?
- How significant are each of the following reasons that some teachers in your school may choose not to use digital learning tools?
- On a 5 point scale, where 1 is not at all effective and 5 is extremely effective, please rate how effective you think digital learning tools are for the following student learning activities.
- When it comes to adoption of technology, which of the following are most used by teachers in your institution?
- Which of the following do you feel represent the biggest barriers to increasing the use of educational technology inside the classroom?
- Which educational trends do you think will have the greatest impact on our teaching and learning in the future?
- How do you think your institution’s adoption of technology in the classroom compares to other educators at similar institutions?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Cybersecurity III - New!
- Third survey to follow the first second wave conducted in October 2021 and the first one in March 2021. 85 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler or Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and provided insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure, LLC.
- Digital Marketing Solutions - New!
- 85 senior marketing executives working across a broad range of industries in the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) discussed the current trends for digital marketing solutions and provided their views on future budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Steinberg, Founder and CEO of Modesail.
- GLG Tracker: Satellite Industry III - New!
- Third survey to follow the second iteration from November 2021 and first wave conducted in July 2021. 40 senior executives within the satellite industry discussed topics such as market demand across sectors and geographies. The survey also explored LEOs (low-earth orbit satellites) and how that is expected to impact satellite service providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by William Germain, former Director of M&A at Inmarsat.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.