GLG Network Survey Tracker: EdTech II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 100 deans and professors who discussed how COVID-19 has changed educational technology in US, Europe, MENA, Australia and New Zealand.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the Content Management System, Learning Management System and Student Information System their institution is using and whether it was easy for them to adapt to the new studying environment.
- The survey gathered insight into digital learning tools used in the classroom and how they provide a 360 experience for both teachers and students.
- The research also covered the budget used in implementing educational technology in institutions across the US, Europe, MENA and Australia/New Zealand regions, as well as the respondents’ opinion on educational trends they think will have the greatest impact on teaching and learning in the future.
Examples of findings:
- The majority of respondents (60%) stated they believe that adding more technology to their classroom would increase the level of student engagement in September 2021, no change from the numbers recorded in February 2021.
- Overall, 74% of experts reported their institution increased the technology budget in the last 5 years, with 41% stating an increase of at least 10%.
- In September 2021, 81% of respondents mentioned they will use hybrid classes starting from Fall 2021, compared to 74% reported back in February 2021.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- To what extent do the digital learning tools used at your school/used in your school district meet the following criteria?
- Which of the following do you do to pay for digital learning tools/are ways that your school district pays for digital learning tools?
- What type of alert(s) or nudge(s) do students receive?
- When it comes to adoption of technology, which of the following are most used by teachers in your institution?
- Do any issues with technology concern you?
- Which are the top 3 reasons you acquire or want to acquire digital learning materials for your classroom?
- Which of the following do you feel represent the biggest barriers to increasing the use of educational technology inside the classroom?
- By what percentage do you expect your technology budget to decrease in the next 5 years?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) and Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- CDN Customers – New!
- 70 customers of Content Delivery Networks discussed their usage of CDNs, providing a competitive assessment of the various vendors within the space such as Fastly, Akamai and Cloudflare. Furthermore, respondents discussed the services they use, uptake as a result of COVID-19, and outages experienced with their vendor.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Maurizio Monti, former Channel and Partnerships Manager at Cloudflare.
- UK Rail – New!
- Following the William-Shapps review, GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes on the industry following the creation of GBR. The survey discussed the future of British railway and the impact this may have on booking apps such as Trainline going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd. Data released in August 2021.
- Semiconductors Supply Chain – New!
- 60 senior executives working within the semiconductors space (suppliers/ distributors, manufacturers) commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Hans Rijns, former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
- Online Car Platforms – New!
- 70 senior executives working at car dealerships across the US and Europe commented on their preference for online platforms such as Autotrader, Carsnip, Carzoo, CarShop, CarGurus, Heycar, Carwow, Cinch, Carzam, Carvana and Carmax.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Danielle Gauci, former Communications Director at Carwow Ltd.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.