GLG Network Survey: Digital Marketing Solutions
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 85 senior marketing executives based in the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the current market trends for digital marketing solutions and their projections for budget allocation in the next 12 months.
- The survey also gathered the experts’ views on the most effective approaches to making digital marketing more personalised, but also on the difficulty of implementation of each digital marketing type in order to generate expected returns.
- Lastly, the respondents discussed the main obstacles to success in delivering messages and generating interest and action, as well as their views on broader technical, economic and social factors.
Examples of findings:
- When asked what digital solutions are commonplace for companies in their industry, email marketing was selected as the top choice by 96% of the US experts, whereas in Europe, the top choice was social media marketing (95%).
- In the US, all respondents mentioned they expect to significantly increase the budget for digital marketing in the next 12 months, compared to 33% captured in Europe.
- More than half of the respondents (59%) stated that greater Big Data and analytics capabilities to assess target audience characteristics and provide more targeted marketing messages is the main factor that may increase the utilization and attractiveness of digital marketing.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Jonathan Steinberg, Founder and CEO of Modesail.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Please rank the following digital solutions in order of importance to overall marketing effectiveness.
- How much impact does digital marketing have as a whole on sales for companies in your industry?
- What is the expected percentage of digital marketing budget for each type of digital marketing for companies in your sector?
- In the next twelve months, what is your expectation for budget changes in relation to digital marketing expenditure?
- How easy or difficult is it to implement each type of Digital Marketing in order to generate expected returns?
- In the next 12 months, do you think marketing technology will be more advanced and utilized for companies in your industry?
- What are the most effective approaches to making Digital Marketing more personalized?
- What types of potential additional Digital Marketing areas would be of most value to companies in your industry?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Cybersecurity III – New!
- Third survey to follow the first survey conducted in March 2021 and second one in October 2021. 70 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler, Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and provided insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Surveys in partnership with the former CIO/CTO at Maxxsure, LLC.
- GLG Tracker: Semiconductors Supply Chain II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2021. 60 senior executives working within the semiconductors space (suppliers/ distributors, manufacturers) commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Hans Rijns, former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
- GLG Tracker: European Data Centres II
- Second wave to follow the first wave from November 2020. The survey interviewed 55executives at European Data Centres, who shared their views on the marketplace, opportunities for growth and the future landscape for the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former regional sales director for Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- GLG Tracker: EdTech III
- Third wave to follow the second wave conducted in September 2021 and initial wave in February 2021. 100 deans and professors discussed how Covid-19 has changed educational technology in US, Europe, MENA, Australia and New Zealand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former CEO of University Prep Schools.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.