GLG Network Survey: Dental Aligners
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 55 orthodontists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) who commented on the current market trends and provided a competitive assessment of dental aligners.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided a competitive overview of dental aligners such as Straumann (STMN) (ClearCorrect), Align Technology (ALGN) (Invisalign) and Dentsply (XRAY) (SureSmile(R) Aligner).
- The survey also gathered insights into the current demand for dental aligners comparing the volume of orthodontic case starts in the last 3 years.
- Lastly, the research looked into the experts’ key selection criteria for clear aligner products in their practice.
Examples of findings:
- 60% of the US experts stated that they are expecting to perform more than 125 orthodontic case starts in the second half of 2021, compared to only 11% European orthodontists reporting the same volume.
- Overall, 63% of respondents reported a decrease in their treatment with dental aligners as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- More than half of the experts in the US and Europe (53%) mentioned that Invisalign has the best growth outlook in the next 5 years, followed by Spark (Envista Ormco) with 19%.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Matthew Ng, Board Member on the Texas Association of Orthodontists and Southwest Society of Orthodontists.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What is the breakdown in the treatment method for your orthodontic cases in 2021 to date?
- What was the approximate age breakdown of your orthodontic patients in 2020?
- Do you anticipate a change in your treatment with clear aligners in 2022?
- What factors are most important in selecting a clear aligner product for your practice? Please rank the top 5 factors, with 1 being the most important one.
- Please rate the following brands of clear aligners in terms of their lab costs.
- Please rate the following brands of clear aligners in terms of their treatment efficiency.
- In your view, which of following brands of clear aligners has the best growth outlook in the next 5 years?
- How likely are you to recommend the following brands of clear aligners to your peers?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Generics Market Overview
- 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and Europe provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the im pact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Developm ent, Branded Products at STADA.
- Intraocular Lenses – New!
- 70 ophthalmologists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) discussed the their preferred IOLs in the market and provided an overview of the expected volume of patients for the following years. The survey also captured a competitive assessment of IOLs and the respondents’ opinions about the IOLs in development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Weldon Haw, Chief of Ophthalmology at VA San Diego Medical Center.
- IVF Market
- 70 IVF Clinics professionals discussed the current demand trends and COVID-19 impact on the industry. The survey also investigated the regulatory impact and outlook forecast for the next 5 years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kristof Kunzmann, former CFO at IVI UK.
- MedTech – New!
- 70 senior executives working at MedTech companies discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market and provided their views on the current regulatory landscape. The survey also gathered insights into the current demand for medical devices and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Timothy DeLapp, former Global Director Physician Relations & Initiatives at Medtronic Plc.
- Pharmaceutical CDMOs
- 70 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g. Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.) discussed about the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021. These respondents also provided insight into other current challenges they are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- Single-Use Endoscopes – New!
- 70 gastroenterologists based in the US and Europe commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their budget for endoscopes and provided a competitive assessment of single-use endoscopes manufacturers such as Ambu, Olympus, Boston Scientific and Pentax. The survey also investigated the demand outlook for the following years.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Ian Cohen, Gastroenterologist at Mount Sinai Health System, Inc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.