GLG Network Survey: European Debt Collectors
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives managing non-performing loans (NPL) within Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the current trends within the European debt collection market.
- Experts commented on how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in their industry.
- Lastly, the survey provided an overview of what actions were taken to adjust the expected collections in the last period.
Examples of findings:
- Looking at NPL product classes in 2021, consumer unsecured (e.g. credit cards) was selected as the most popular (62%), followed by SME unsecured (56%).
- The majority of respondents believe that there will be an increase in both demand (50%) and supply (56%) for non-performing loans in 2022.
- Looking at 2022, respondents expect that the most popular regions to acquire NPLs will be France (76%) and Italy (76%), followed by Spain (66%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How much would you estimate was invested in acquiring NPLs across the European markets in 2021?
- How do you expect the market size for acquiring NPLs across Europe to change in 2022 compared to 2021?
- Which of the following NPL acquirers you are most interested in following in 2022?
- Which of the following best describes how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in your industry?
- Which NPL product classes has been the most popular to acquire in 2021?
- How did companies in your industry adjust the expected collections as a result of COVID-19 in 2021?
- What is the outlook for 2022 (compared to 2021) likely to be across the different market characteristics?
- Roughly, how much do you expect companies in your industry will invest in acquiring NPLs in 2022?
- In your view, from which of the following countries/regions will be the most popular to acquire NPLs in 2022?
- Which NPL asset classes will be the most popular to acquire NPLs in 2022?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Non-Performing Loans II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 30 directors working in banks across Spain, Italy and Greece commented on the demand of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in Covid-19 times, whether they are seeing an increase in NPLs, potential supply of NPLs and the appetite for demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- Payment Systems + Event
- 70 executives in the payments space (AMEX, Visa, Stripe, WorldPay, etc.) commented on the impact of Covid-19 on the market trends in the payment space, transaction volume, competitive landscape.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Eric Grover, Principal at Intrepid Ventures who specializes in providing corporate development and strategy consulting to payment networks across the US and Europe
- SPACs + Event
- 70 SPAC sponsors and investors who addressed the trend within the European region. They discussed current attitudes and trends around this form of investment.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Benjamin Pell, Founder and Managing Partner at Verdene Group.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.