GLG Network Survey: Cruise Travel Operators II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 cruise travel agents across Europe on the outlook of the market (following first survey published in September 2020).
What will you learn from this survey?
- 70 cruise travel agents shared their views on the current outlook and booking situation since the impact of COVID-19, revisiting the topic from September 2020.
- The survey explored current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and experts’ projections for cruise safety and adaptability.
Examples of findings:
- Sales enquires stayed mostly consistent across the industry compared to the previous iteration, with 54% reporting a decrease against 60% previously.
- The average age of cruisers has reduced since the first survey run, with the 50-64 age group down 19%.
- There has been a reduction since the previous survey run of bookings for UK domestic holidays, down from 60% to 33% of bookings.
The GLG Surveys team will draft the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK until January of 2018.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Concerning the amount your customers are considering spending on their whole holiday, what would be the average amount?
- Given the impact of COVID-19, how concerned do you believe your customers feel about cruising?
- What additional health checks and medical support do your customers expect to see when they cruise in the future?
- Please indicate which type of cruises are attracting most interest?
- When discussing cruises with your customers following COVID-19, have their priorities changed when discussing these aspects of the cruise?
- Please rank the following Ocean cruise brands in order of preference with your customers.
- What percentage, if any, of your customers who are regular cruisers have booked an alternative type of holiday for 2021?
- Are you planning to dock in fewer places compared to before?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- Beauty Product Retailers + Event New!
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
- Gaming Industry New!
- 70 senior executives within the gambling industry discussed the current industry trends. They covered topics such as regulatory challenges and COVID-19 impact on revenue.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kym Sleezer, CEO & President at Triple Ripple Group.
- Film Production II New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 75 executives working within the film industry discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the film and streaming industry, outlook of competitive landscape of the long-video streaming space under the influence of Coronavirus.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Steve Tzirilin, VP of Creative Content in Fox’s Franchise Management group.
- UK Pubs II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 50 UK pub owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business. The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 in 2020 on pubs’ operating profits and what support pub owners received from the government.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns.
- UK Gym Operators II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.