GLG Network Survey: Cruise Operators
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 70 cruise travel agents across Europe who discussed the outlook of the industry following COVID-19 and the implications going forward.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents shared their views on the current outlook and booking situation since the impact of COVID-19.
- The survey explored current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and experts’ projections for cruise safety and adaptability.
Examples of findings:
- 41% of the respondents stated they are considering to offer loyalty points to boost up the booking for cruises.
- Most experts (96%) mentioned that their customers expect them to offer discounts given the impact of COVID-19 on the industry.
- When asked what additional health checks and medical support their customers expect to see, 87% selected “onboard medical staffing”, followed by “strict and rigorous cleaning/ disinfecting” (70%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Compared with last year, please estimate the level of sales enquiries you are receiving for 2022 cruise holidays?
- What percentage of your customers have not received their refunds or credit from last year’s bookings?
- What additional health checks and medical support do your customers expect to see when they cruise in the future?
- Concerning the amount your customers are considering spending on their whole holiday, what would be the average amount?
- Please indicate which type of cruises are attracting most interest?
- Please rank the following Ocean cruise brands in order of preference with your customers.
- Which of these brands do you believe are most equipped to handle situations of disease/infection outbreaks compared to before?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.