GLG Network Survey: Cruise Travel Operators IV
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 cruise travel agents across Europe (UK, Italy, France, Spain, and Germany). This is the fourth wave of the survey following the first iteration from August 2020, second iteration from March 2021 and third wave from August 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- 70 cruise travel agents shared their views on the current outlook and booking situation since the impact of COVID-19.
- The survey explored current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and experts’ projections for cruise safety and adaptability.
Examples of findings:
- At this time, customers are favouring river cruises, with this trend continuing from the most recent iteration in September 2021.
- Customers are reportedly looking to spend more now compared to pre COVID-19, with 68% of experts stating this.
- The amount of health screenings expected before cruising is trending downwards, though there still remains precautions such as wearing a mask (54%) and having a negative PCR test (53%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Compared with last year, please estimate the level of sales enquiries you are receiving for 2022 cruise holidays?
- What percentage of your customers have not received their refunds or credit from last year’s bookings?
- Given the impact of COVID-19, how concerned do you believe your customers feel about cruising?
- What additional health checks and medical support do your customers expect to see when they cruise in the future?
- What percentage of your regular cruisers have indicated that they will never cruise again as a result of COVID-19?, Given the impact of COVID-19, do you believe your customers expect the cruise operators to be offering discounts?
- Concerning the amount your customers are considering spending on their whole holiday, what would be the average amount?
- Please indicate which type of cruises are attracting most interest?
- Please rank the following Ocean cruise brands in order of preference with your customers.
- Which of these brands do you believe are most equipped to handle situations of disease/infection outbreaks compared to before?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Hotel Operators V – New!
- Fifth survey to follow the fourth wave conducted in August 2021, third wave in April 2021, second wave in October 2020 and first wave in May 2020. 50 hotel brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives across Europe and the US discussed the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Neil Amin, current CEO at Shamin Hotels.
- GLG Tracker: Bedbanks II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave from January 2021. 65 hotel managers and hotel owners across Europe and the US discussed their collaboration with Bedbanks (Hotelbeds, Webbeds, World 2 Meet etc.). Respondents provided their assessment of each Bedbank in terms of commission, technology, level of service, payment terms.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director at Edreams Odigeo.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gyms IV – New!
- Fourth survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020, second wave in March 2021, and third wave in August 2021. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.