GLG Network Survey: COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 80 physicians and virologists across the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents shared their perception of efficacy and safety of the different COVID-19 vaccines in the US and Europe, especially in light of the new emerging variants of COVID-19.
- The survey also gathered insight into patients’ hesitancy to immunisation against COVID-19 and key reasons cited as concerns.
- Lastly, the research investigated the importance of the company who developed the vaccines on the current uptake and projections of when herd immunity will be reached.
Examples of findings:
- 85% physicians and virologists believe the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is very effective, with 66% stating it is also very safe.
- In Europe, 34% respondents mentioned that more than 50% of patients are requesting a specific COVID-19 vaccine compared to 7% in the US.
- Globally, 63% respondents stated that they have not received enough doses to vaccinate the eligible priority population and 39% believe that herd immunity will never be reached.
The GLG Surveys team will draft the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Michael Thomas, former Director of Vaccine Supply and Demand at Gavi Alliance.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Have guidelines for prioritizing risk groups been provided to you by national or regional health authorities?
- Do these guidelines clearly outline which risk categories should be prioritized based on age, occupation and health status?
- Were you able to manage those vaccines with ultra-cold storage requirements (Pfizer, Moderna) in addition to those requiring standard refrigeration temperatures (AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson and others)?
- What percentage of individuals in your practice exhibit vaccine hesitancy or resistance to immunization against COVID-19?
- What objections to vaccination have you encountered?
- What percentage of your patients request specific vaccines by name or manufacturer?
- How do you evaluate each of the available vaccines in terms of their efficacy, especially in light of the new emerging variants of COVID-19?
- Please indicate your confidence in ethics/integrity of each manufacturer in regards to conducting clinical trials and accurately reporting the resulting efficacy and safety of their vaccines.
- How confident are you in the long-term safety of each of the available vaccines?
- Based on your observations and experience, what are the greatest obstacles to achieving global herd immunity?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- UK Dental Chains – New!
- 70 dentists and practice owners in UK discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends. These respondents provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
- Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 80 hospital executives and physicians commented on the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programmes in the US and Europe. These respondents also provided insight on their concern of the side-effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines along with their thoughts on how long immunity can last. This survey also gathered their projections for full immunisation period of risk groups and current challenges in the distribution of vaccines to their institutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Member, Robin Robinson, current Chief Scientific Officer at RenovaCare and former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
- 50 Cardiologists, GI docs, Diabetes docs, Dermatologists, Women’s Health (GY-OBN) in the US and EU, discussed the latest trends in Telemedicine.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nirmal Patel former CMO/VP of Population Health at United Health Group Incorporated and former SMIO at Teledoc.
- Plasma Industry
- 37 plasma collection centre operations managers commented on the changes in their daily activity as well as commented on future collection volumes in the next months.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Thomas Machnig, former Director/Head of Global Medical Affairs Specialty Products at Csl Behring Llc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.