GLG Network Survey: COP26/Net Zero
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 75 senior executives at European businesses (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain).
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the impact of COP26 and Net Zero strategies on European businesses.
- Respondents commented on support in moving towards greener solutions, both within their supply chain and from government subsidies.
- Lastly, our experts commented on the impact on the air-travel industry and whether business travel is expected to continue in light of pressure from these green initiatives.
Examples of findings:
- Businesses expect significant costs in the next 3 years to incur due to climate/environmental concerns, with 81% stating this is likely or extremely likely.
- 86% expect that their industry will have to change due to Net Zero, with 76% anticipating these changes to be positive.
- Our experts believe that COP26 will lead to greater investment in technology (81%) and skilling/reskilling (59%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Andrea Mogni, former Senior Policy Officer at the European External Action Service.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- To what extent is tackling climate-related issues a priority for your company?
- To what extent do you think businesses within your industry will incur significant costs in the next three years due to climate/environmental concerns?
- To what extent do you expect Net Zero strategy to impact businesses in your industry?
- What is the average timeline for when changes will need to take place for companies in your industry?
- What opportunities do the Net Zero Strategy policies present for businesses in your industry?
- To what extent do you expect the outcomes of the COP26 conference to impact businesses in your industry?
- What will the impact of these changes be on businesses in your industry?
- What opportunities do the outcomes of the COP26 conference present for businesses in your industry?
- Which of the following, if any, will businesses within your industry need to invest in as a result of COP26 objectives?
- In the case of an environmental/climate tax, how do you expect this to be managed by businesses in your industry?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Legal, Economic and Regulatory Affairs (LERA) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Brexit Overview II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in January 2020. 80 CEOs of large companies across UK discussed about Brexit’s impact on industries. The survey looked at steps the companies have already taken, and the outlook for the future.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Portes, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at King’s College London.
- 45 geopolitical advisors and academia professionals will discuss the latest geopolitical issues in the world. They will cover topics such as regional/national military conflicts and their impact on the economy.
- Questionnaire will be drafted by Kenneth Pollack, Resident Scholar of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.