GLG Network Survey: Construction Cost Inflation
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives working in the construction industry across Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Spain).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the extent of inflation in the construction industry and where this is hitting hardest for the industry.
- The research also looked into the main cost drivers over the past 3 years, uncovering how this has changed over time.
- Lastly, the survey captured the respondents’ views on the space going forward and how costs may continue to change.
Examples of findings:
- The majority of respondents (60%) believe that the greatest cost changes along the supply chain have been seen in construction materials.
- 86% of experts expect further cost increases within the remainder of 2022.
- Respondents were asked to estimate the main cost driver in 2022, with energy taking the top spot (56%) followed by raw materials/components (22%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Michael Woertler, former CEO at Saint-Gobain Construction.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What do you estimate for the new construction segment has been the volume change over the following years?
- In your view, which part of the supply chain has seen the greatest cost changes?
- In each of these years, how did the overall cost for construction materials change in comparison to the previous year?
- Which construction materials have been especially impacted by cost changes?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “Price changes for construction materials have been in line with cost changes along the supply chain”?
- How would you describe volume changes in the first half of 2022 compared to last year?
- How to you estimate the change in total construction cost of a residential building today in comparison to the same building in 2019?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Autonomous Driving – New!
- 70 senior executives at automotive companies discussed the future of autonomous driving, covering topics such as future regulation of the space.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Loren Smith, former Senior Advisor at the US Department of Transportation.
- Battery Recycling – New!
- 80 senior executives within the battery recycling industry discussed the trends and outlook of the industry. Our experts discussed the future prospects of the industry and the profitability of battery recycling.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jan Vliegen, former Senior VP at Umicore.
- Carbon Pricing – New!
- 70 senior executives working at multi national companies across the US and Europe discussed national CO2 prices and provided insight into how companies define internal carbon pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham Weale, Professor for Energy Economics at the Centre for Environment, Resources and Energy, Ruhr University Bochum.
- GLG Tracker: Petrochemicals II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in July 2021. 60 C-level executives working in the petrochemical industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on the sector and provided insights into its performance in the first half of 2021. The research also investigated the current demand issues and prediction for the rest of the year.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Hodges, Chairman at International eChem.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.