GLG Network Survey: China Real Estate
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives within the financial services industry.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the current trends for the Chinese real estate industry and the vendors operating in this space.
- Experts commented on their views on the industry and the challenges facing Chinese and offshore markets resulting from defaults.
- Lastly, the survey provided an overview of the potential M&A activity and how this will look going forward.
Examples of findings:
- Overall, 50% of experts stated they consider the high-profile defaults among major Chinese real estate developers will have a positive impact on the Chinese banking system.
- When asked which other developers would face similar issues of bank/investor/supplier run or become less preferred by bank/non-bank lenders, 39% of respondents selected Greenland followed by Vanke (29%).
- 40% of experts consider Evergrande to be the major influential Chinese real estate developer on a national scale, followed by China Resources (34%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, John Liang, President of the YNG group.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- To what extent do you agree with the following statements regarding the overall health of the Chinese property market?
- Which of the following do you consider to be the major influential Chinese real estate developers on a national scale?
- Given some of the high-profile defaults among major Chinese real estate developers, what do you believe the impact of such defaults on the Chinese banking system will be?
- What do you believe the impact of such defaults on the overall Chinese property market will be?
- What do you believe the impact of such defaults on the wealth management market will be?
- What do you believe the impact of such defaults on the supply chain (suppliers, vendors, contractors, etc.) will be?
- What do you believe the impact of such defaults on the offshore credit market will be?
- In your view, what is the most important factor of success for highly leveraged Chinese developers to overcome their debt challenges?
- If debt defaults become more widespread among the top 20 Chinese property developers in the near future, which asset class do you expect will see the largest negative impact?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Real Estate (RE) or Financial Business Services (FBS) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sectors:
- 70 senior executives within the financial services industry across Europe and the US commented on the latest trends for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and provided their views on the outlook for this space.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Juliano Torii, former Senior Analyst at Sarria Limited.
- GLG Tracker: Corporate Back to Office II
- Second survey to follow the initial wave conducted in June 2021. 120 C-level executives working across the US, Europe and APAC discussed their back-to-office plans and whether or not they may be considering physical changes to their offices to minimise the potential spread and prioritise employee safety.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Peter Damesik, former Chairman of EMEA Research at CBRE.
- Debt Collectors
- 50 senior executives managing Non-performing loans (NPL) discussed the latest trends for the European debt collection market. Experts commented on how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in their industry and what actions were taken to adjust the expected collections in the last period.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.