GLG Network Survey: Cement Industry
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working in the cement industry across the US and Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) who discussed the latest trends in the space.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the ongoing trends and the outlook of the cement space.
- These experts also provided their views on the areas that will benefit the most from the growth in digitalization.
- Lastly, the research assessed the risk for cement to be replaced by alternative materials or disruptive low CO2 technologies/startups in the next 10 years.
Examples of findings:
- 75% of the US respondents reported higher operating costs and 72% of the European respondents observed a decrease in revenues as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Overall, 70% of the experts mentioned they expect the consumption of cement in construction to increase over the next 5 years.
- 42% of respondents believe that more than 10% of cement will be substituted by alternative materials or disruptive low CO2 technologies/startups in the next 10 years.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Gerard Kuperfarb, former Group Head of Growth and Innovation at Holcim Ltd.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your country, how do you expect the consumption of cement in construction to trend over the next 5 years?
- How would you rate the situation regarding sustainability in construction?
- What are the main barriers to the penetration of low CO2 solutions?
- In your view, what are the risks for cement to be replaced by alternative materials or disruptive low CO2 technologies/startups in the next 10 years?
- In your view, which of the following best applies to the cement industry in terms of digitalization?
- Where do you consider digitalization will add the most value to the cement industry?
- In your view what are the most promising low CO2 technologies?
- What are the current milestones in your geography?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Freight Forwarding – New!
- 60 executives internationally at freight forwarding companies discussed current trends within the industry and ongoing global implications on demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lars Bjorn Olsen, former CFO at Norfolkline.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in March 2021. 50 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US discussed electrification trends, Covid-19 impact, competitive landscape for Aston Martin, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes.
- Modular Space – New!
- 50 senior executives within the modular space industry commented on the outlook of the industry, as well as the impact of rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Gill, former CEO at HSS Hire Group.
- GLG Tracker: Bioplastics Market Overview III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in April 2021. 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business. The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Peter Clydesdale, former Chief Commercial Officer / co-CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
- OCTG Industry – New!
- 80 senior executives and procurement professionals working within the oil and gas space commented on the key purchasing criteria for OCTG (oil country tubular goods). These respondents have also provided a competitive assessment of providers such as Vallourec, Tenaris, NSSMC- Nippon Steel/ Sumitomo, Bohai, TMK, JFE Steel etc.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James King, Independent Consultant and Economic Advisor to industrial metals and raw materials industries.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.