GLG Network Survey: Content Delivery Network Customers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
LGLG interviewed 70 senior executives who are decision makers in the selection of Content Delivery Networks in their organisation. These respondents discussed the CDN competitive landscape, assessing use and consideration of the various vendors such as Cloudflare, Akamai and Fastly.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the CDN competitive landscape, assessing use and consideration of the various vendors such as Cloudflare, Akamai and Fastly.
- Furthermore, the survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 on the adoption of CDNs and whether this had implications on contracts.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ switching intentions, including where switching has occurred what was the reason for this.
Examples of findings:
- Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, 76% of respondents report an increase in spending on CDN vendors, with the greatest increase seen in Europe (84%).
- Respondents who have switched vendors in the past assessed the reasons for switching, with the majority (58%) outlining that switching was a result of price/cost.
- 41% of respondents report experiencing an outage within the past 18 months, with the majority of outages lasting less than an hour (62%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Maurizio Moni, former Channel and Partnerships Manager at Cloudflare.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Approximately, how much is your monthly data consumption?
- What is your annual expenditure on CDN vendors?
- How has your average spend changed on CDN vendors since the outset of COVID-19?
- Did COVID-19 accelerate your adoption of CDNs?
- Has/have your CDN provider(s) experienced outages in the past 18 months?
- What led you to switch your CDN vendor?
- Are you considering switching to other CDN vendors in the next 2 years?
- Which of the following vendors do you consider to be the leaders in the CDN space?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- UK Rail – New!
- GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes in the industry following the creation of GBR.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd.
- Semiconductors Supply Chain – New!
- 60 senior executives working within the semiconductors space (suppliers/ distributors, manufacturers) commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Hans Rijns, former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
- Online Car Platforms – New!
- 70 senior executives working at car dealerships across the US and Europe commented on their preference for online platforms such as Autotrader, Carsnip, Carzoo, CarShop, CarGurus, Heycar, Carwow, Cinch, Carzam, Carvana and Carmax.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Danielle Gauci, former Communications Director at Carwow Ltd.
- 70 C-level executives and senior operations professionals who are currently using CRM/BPO suppliers (e.g. Konecta, Teleperformance, Atento, Comdata) commented on their key selection criteria, switching intentions in the next year and COVID-19 impact on their budgeting plans.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andrea, Former CEO – Regional Chief Executive Officer Italy at Comdata Group.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.