GLG Network Survey Tracker: Car Rental II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 executives at car hire companies in Europe and the US. This is the second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020.
What will you learn from this survey?
- US and European executives working for car hire companies discussed the latest trends in leisure and corporate car rental volumes post COVID-19.
- These respondents provided insights into fleet management, including used-car values and purchasing intentions for the rest of the year.
- The research also looked into car hire executives’ views on critical industry trends, including technology and future areas of growth in mobility.
Example of findings:
- The results show an increase in the leisure car rental volumes, with 28% of respondents stating an increase of more than 10% compared to pre-COVID-19 levels in June 2021, up from just 4% reported in August 2020.
- In June 2021, 36% of respondents reported they have increased their number of rental locations on a permanent basis through the COVID-19 pandemic, compared to 22% reported back in August 2020.
- In August 2020, 40% of experts stated they expect their car rental volumes to reach the pre-COVID-19 levels in the summer of 2021 while in June 2021, only 20% of respondents support this view. The majority believe that the summer of 2022 will be a more realistic timeline.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Mark Tristram-Walmsley, former Group Franchise Director at Europcar Mobility Group.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- How did your car rental prices for Leisure and Corporate change since the COVID-19 outbreak, if at all?
- How did your rental volumes for 2021 YTD change vs. same time in 2020, if at all?
- When do you think your car rental volumes will recover to the equivalent previous quarter pre-COVID-19?
- Which sub-segment(s) of your Corporate business do you think will recover in 2021 to 2019 levels, if any?
- When do you think your fleet utilisation will recover to the equivalent previous quarter pre-COVID-19?
- What is your expectation for used-car values over the next 9 months?
- Assuming availability from the manufacturers, what would be your present intention regarding risk cars for 2021 purchases?
- Through the COVID-19 period, have you changed your number of rental locations on a permanent basis?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- Gambling Consumers – New!
- 2000 sports betting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc.
- Cinema Landlords – New!
- 30 senior executives operating within Cinema Real Estate in the UK commented on the future of the industry including how the space might expect to recover or future uses of cinema spaces. Furthermore, the survey investigated how landlords expect operators handle the recovery from COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stephen Court, Former MD of Hammerson PLC.
- K-12 Education – New!
- 60 Senior leadership heads at private k-12 education schools, discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. Looking at both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. The performance of major education groups was also discussed, looking at the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- GLG Tracker: OTA consumers III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in November 2020 and first wave conducted in July 2020. 2000 consumers across Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) and the US, discussed their upcoming plans to travel, past experience with booking business and leisure travels with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and metasearches as well as their preference to book flight/accommodation through various sites.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director Strategy & Business Development at Edreams
- Beauty Product Retailers + Event
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.