GLG Network Survey Tracker: Car Dealerships II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 owners, operators, sales, purchasing and finance executives from car dealerships across Europe selling new and used vehicles. This is the second iteration of this survey, following the first one conducted in October 2020.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided their views on the disruption caused by COVID-19 and the impact on demand for motor vehicles.
- The survey explored car dealers’ perceptions on the short- and long-term implications for the new and used car markets.
- The research also investigated how dealerships are adapting to meet the shift in user habits caused by COVID-19, OEM consolidation and drivetrain considerations, including the shift towards EVs.
Examples of findings:
- In April 2022, 44% of the experts stated they expect the annual new vehicle volumes to return to pre-COVID-19 levels by 2023.
- When asked about which OEMs they think will lead the bounce back to pre-COVID-19 volumes, 56% of respondents selected Toyota Group, followed by VAG Group with 46%.
- More than half of the participants (54%) mentioned they are concerned that the vehicle emissions targets set by regulators in their market will have a negative financial impact on their business in the next 3 years.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Thinking of the industry as a whole, which OEMs do you think will lead this bounce back to pre-COVID volumes in your market?
- What are the biggest changes you are expecting to see in how customers purchase vehicles?
- What steps are you taking to counter the rise of shared mobility solutions in your market?
- Which of these of these digital platforms do you use do you use for your business?
- How likely is it that there will be fewer physical dealerships in 3 years?
- How important is it for your business to have a fully transactional website for customers to complete their vehicle purchase online?
- In your opinion, which of the 3rd party websites you use perform best in the following areas?
- Which of the following OEMs are the most likely to be the leaders in your market with the development and launch of environmentally friendly hybrid and electric passenger car drivetrains?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- European Care Homes – New!
- 50 senior executives working at European care homes commented on the trends within the industry, as well as rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Whitecross, NED at Care UK.
- GLG Tracker: Cruise Bookings IV
- Fourth survey to follow the third survey conducted in October 2021, second survey in April 2021 and first wave in September 2020. 70 cruise travel agents across Europe shared their views on current outlook and booking situations since the impact of Covid-19, as well as current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.