GLG Tracker: Brexit Overview II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 80 C-level executives at UK companies with at least $100 million in revenue, revisiting the topic from January 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey looked at steps companies have already taken and the outlook for the future, providing comparisons with the data from January 2021.
- Executives discussed their views on implications of Brexit on finances, immigration, as well as country and sector specific outcomes.
- Respondents assessed the impact they believe the deal will have on the economy going forward.
Examples of findings:
- Investment in the UK seems to be a larger part of long-term strategy for companies now, with 49% expecting to increase investment compared to 38% in the first wave of this project.
- Our experts are expecting regulations to diverge from the EU, with 52% answering that regulations would diverge ‘somewhat’ or ‘a lot’, posing an increase from the previous 39% answering this before.
- Respondents reported the main impact of Brexit so far to be “increased trade barriers with the EU” (44%), with the next response being “changes to the UK immigration policy” (selected by 23% of the respondents).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Jonathan Portes, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at King’s College London.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Since January 1st 2021, which of the following actions did your company take?
- In the next six months, which of the following actions do you expect your company to take?
- What in your understanding are the key provisions of the “Brexit deal”?
- How do you expect Brexit to affect your company in the short term (up to 3 years)?
- How do you expect Brexit to affect your company in the medium to long term (5-10 years)?
- What are the main potential implications of Brexit for your sector?
- In your sector, do you expect the UK to seek equivalence or other forms of mutual recognition of regulatory standards with the EU?
- How will you respond to the new immigration system?
- Please rank what has been the main impact of Brexit on the UK so far
- Please rank what has been the main impact of Brexit on your sector
The survey is available to subscribers of the Legal, Economic & Regulatory Affairs (LERA) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- ESG (upcoming) – New!
- 70 ESG and non-ESG investors who are planning to invest in ESG in the future commented on trends on the responsible/impact investment field and recent development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Christopher Boyd, former Environmental Policy Development at European Commission.
- 45 geopolitical advisors and academia professionals will discuss the latest geopolitical issues in the world. They will cover topics such as regional/national military conflicts and their impact on the economy.
- Questionnaire will be drafted by Kenneth Pollack, Resident Scholar of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
- GLG Tracker: Brexit Overview
- 80 CEOs of large companies across UK discussed their views on implications of Brexit on finances, immigration, as well as country and sector specific outcomes
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Portes, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at King’s College London. Data released in February 2021.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.