GLG Network Survey: Bioplastics Market Overview
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The expert respondents discussed the latest trends in the bioplastics market and the impact of COVID-19 on their businesses.
- The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Lastly, the experts shared their views on the interaction with various bioplastic producers such as Total-Corbion, NatureWorks, BASF, Biotec and Novamont.
Examples of findings:
- Most converter respondents (83%) mentioned that their consumption of bioplastics has increased in the last 3 years, with 60% pointing out an increase of up to 20%.
- 22% of bioplastics end-users stated a negative COVID-19 impact on their usage, with the rest mentioning positive impact or no impact at all.
- When assessing the various bioplastics providers, 50% of respondents rated Hisun as very good in terms of their overall interaction with them, followed by Danimer (40%) and BASF (35%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Marc Verbruggen, former President/CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- What converting technology does your firm currently use?
- Compared to 3 years ago, how is your firm’s annual bioplastic consumption today?
- Have you seen an increase in the bioplastic price over the last 3 years?
- What has been the annual average increase of the bioplastics-to-plastics ratio over the last 3 years?
- How would you rate your overall interaction with the following bioplastic producer(s)?
- What impact has COVID-19 had on bioplastic consumption?
- Did your firm develop/commercialize specific bioplastic products as a result of COVID-19?
- How important is bio- degradability for your bioplastic products?
- How do you expect legislation to impact your bioplastics usage?
- In 10 years from now, what portion of disposable plastics do you think it will be bioplastics?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy and Industrials (EI)
- Container Shipping New!
- 60 executives internationally at shipping container liners discussed current trends within the industry. The survey covered topics such as demand and volume from a regional perspective, as well as pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Williams, Managing Director at Shipping Strategy Ltd.
- Wind Turbine Market Overview New!
- 70 senior executives working in the wind power industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on their operations and purchasing plans. The survey also covered the competitive landscape of the key OEMs in the market along with the respondents’ projections on the future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Randall Tinkerman, former Consulting Due Diligence, Offshore Wind Tender Evaluator at the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate in Netherlands.
- Automotive Suppliers II New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 60 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Spadafora, former Chief Engineer, Global SUV at General Motors Company.
- Drilling Market Overview
- 65 senior executives discussed their drilling activity and contractual impact in the last 12 months, impact of COVID-19 and their projections for the short and medium term.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Roger Hodgson, former Commercial and Marketing Director at Weatherford Drilling International.
- Aircraft Leasing Executives II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
- Airport Ground Handling II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in June 2020. 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany, discussed the latest trends in the market and the impact of Covid-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.