GLG Network Survey: Bioplastics Market Overview III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the latest trends in the bioplastics market and the impact of COVID-19 on their businesses following the first iteration of this topic in April 2021 and second iteration in October 2021.
- The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Lastly, the experts shared their views on the interaction with various bioplastic producers such as Total-Corbion, NatureWorks, BASF, Biotec and Novamont.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents evaluated the rationale behind why they are using bioplastics, which 27% selected this is due to end customer/consumer pressure, followed by circular economy thinking (25%).
- In March 2021, 15% of the experts reported an increase of more than 50% in the average annual bioplastics-to-plastics ratio over the last 3 years.
- Furthermore, forecasts have risen for bioplastics usage in the next three years, with 84% selecting they expect usage to increase.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Peter Clydesdale, former Chief Commercial Officer / co-CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What has been the average annual increase for you of the bioplastics-to-plastics ratio over the last 3 years?
- What type of interaction did you have with the following bioplastic producer(s)?
- What is the main reason your firm is currently using bioplastics?
- Did your firm develop/commercialize specific bioplastic products as a result of COVID-19? How much more are you willing to pay for the following feedstocks?
- In 10 years from now, what percentage of disposable plastics do you think will be made from bioplastics?
- How concerned are you about market demand or market supply (capacity) drivers when it comes to the availability (and, in turn, pricing) of bioplastic resins over the coming 3 years?
- How do you forecast your firm’s bioplastics usage in the next 3 years relative to today’s usage?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Freight Forwarding – New!
- 60 executives internationally at freight forwarding companies discussed current trends within the industry and ongoing global implications on demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lars Bjorn Olsen, former CFO at Norfolkline.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in March 2021. 50 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US discussed electrification trends, Covid-19 impact, competitive landscape for Aston Martin, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes.
- Modular Space – New!
- 50 senior executives within the modular space industry commented on the outlook of the industry, as well as the impact of rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Gill, former CEO at HSS Hire Group.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.