GLG Network Survey Tracker: Biofuels Market Overview III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 45 executives across the US and Europe procuring feedstock to produce biodiesel, renewable diesel (HVO) and co-processed renewable diesel (HVO). This is the third wave in this tracker series.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided insight into the capital expenditure budget used for equipment and machinery in 2022.
- The research also covered the digitalisation of operations including the likelihood of remote equipment performance data collection and equipment malfunction troubleshooting.
- Lastly, experts commented on which underground equipment suppliers are best positioned to continue to supply parts and services within customary response times in H1/2023.
Examples of findings:
- In December 2022, 66% of the respondents stated that the outlook for margins in biodiesel production is profitable, compared to 56% reported in November 2020.
- 64% of the experts mentioned the industry is likely to develop next generation, large volume feedstocks, which will allow growth beyond what the current supply of commercially available feedstocks can do, a slight decrease from 68% back in December 2021.
- The Blenders Tax Credit (BTC) is expected to get passed for 1 to 2 years by 59% of our respondents.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, David Elsenblast, former VP International Feedstock Development at Renewable Energy Group.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your view, why is there a margin difference between Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel (HVO) producers?
- How important is the renewable biofuels industry in stemming climate change (reducing carbon consumption)?
- Who are the future producers of renewable diesel in the next 5 years?
- Over the next five years rank in order of importance the factors that will drive growth in this industry, starting with 1 as the most important factor.
- What is the outlook for margins in biodiesel production?
- When procuring feedstock for renewable fuels, which of the following markets do you think are high value that you’re “buying away” feedstock from?
- What are the most important factors in developing a Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) market?
- What will likely happen to the Blenders Tax Credit (BTC) beyond 2022?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.