GLG Network Survey: Beauty Product Retailers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 70 retailers of beauty products in Europe & the US.
What will you learn from this survey?
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- The survey investigated brand performance over 2020 and future outlook of key brands.
- We also asked respondents to assess their product categories of skincare, haircare, bodycare and colour cosmetics.
Examples of findings:
- 76% of sample stated that they expect their profits for skincare products to grow over the next three years, the most of any product category.
- 89% of respondents have seen growth of online sales over the past year, with more than half of respondents seeing growth of 20% or more.
- Looking specifically at Olay, Nivea and L’Oreal, respondents were most likely to rank L’Oreal as having the most positive outlook in the next three years (66%) and it is also the brand that is expected to bounce back most quickly (29%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast.
- Looking specifically at skincare products, since the start of COVID-19, what level of importance are consumers placing on the following?
- Since the start of COVID-19, which of the following brands been significantly impacted in terms of sales?
- How likely are you to give more shelf space to the following brands in the next three years?
- Have you noticed any increase in sales online in the past year?
- Can you detail your performance of online sales by category over the past year?
- Looking back at 2020, please assess the evolution of your product categories in terms of sales.
- Amongst the brands of skincare that you sell, could you tell us about their performance in the past year?
- Which of these brands would you say are in decline?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- Beauty Product Consumer Trends
- 4,100 consumers across the UK, Europe, the US and China discussed their behavioural patterns for haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products with relevance to Douglas and Coty.
- Furthermore, the survey covered the impact of COVID-19 on beauty product purchasing habits, including the importance of sustainability, natural, ingredients, and e-commerce.
- It also provided an overview of the competitive landscape of beauty brands and changes observed during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- UK Pubs II New!
- Pub owners and tenants provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- The survey investigated how the 2020 lockdowns impacted UK pubs’ operating profits and what support pub owners and tenants received from the government.
- UK Gym Operators II New!
- The survey explored current customer membership levels, product offerings, and online strategy following reopening in 2020 and subsequent closures.
- It also investigates the impact of COVID-19 on future staffing and equipment sanitation, along with maintaining health guidelines.
- Luxury Product Consumers
- 60 luxury fashion buyers from retailers across Europe, China and the US provided quantitative insights on which brands are hot/not, current trends and the COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Helen David, current Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd, and former Fashion Director at Harrods Ltd.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.