GLG Network Survey: Beauty Product Consumers II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 4,100 consumers of haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products. This is the second wave of this survey following the first iteration in August 2020.
What will you learn from this survey?
- 4,100 consumers provided their views to highlight trends in the industry a year on from the first wave of this project.
- The survey investigated the importance of sustainability, natural ingredients and e-commerce during and after COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Furthermore, it provided an overview of the competitive landscape of beauty brands and changes observed during the COVID-19 lockdown, with a focus on understanding shifts in consumer purchase behaviour moving forward.
Examples of findings:
- Make-up usage continues to see some reduction since the onset of COVID-19 with 38% reporting reduced usage, compared to 47% in August 2020.
- More consumers are willing to return to salons now, with 63% intending to undertake hair colouring, which is up from 56% in 2020.
- Respondents are reporting less fragrance usage post COVID-19, with 20% of the sample reporting less usage, an increase from 9% in 2020.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Didier Tisserand former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oreal.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Where do you usually buy your beauty products?
- Where have you bought beauty products in the past 12 months?
- On average, how much were you spending per month on the following type of beauty products before the COVID-19 outbreak (per category)?
- During COVID-19, have you changed where you buy the following beauty products?
- You mentioned that you dye your hair. Which type of services do you use when colouring your hair?
- Now that the salons have reopened, do you intend to return to have your hair coloured in salons?
- Now that shops have reopened, would you carry on buying beauty products online or will you buy more in shops?
- After the COVID-19 outbreak, how do you expect your usage of make-up products to be?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators III – New!
- Third survey to follow the first and second waves conducted in August 2020 and March 2021. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
- UK Rail – New!
- Following the William-Shapps review, GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes on the industry following the creation of GBR. The survey discussed the future of British railway and the impact this may have on booking apps such as Trainline going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd. Data released in August 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Hotel Operators IV – New!
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in April 2021, second wave in October 2020 and first wave conducted in May 2020. 50 hotel brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives across Europe and the US discussed the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Neil Amin, current CEO at Shamin Hotels.
- Meal Kit Market
- 70 senior executives working at Meal Kit companies discussed the latest trends in the market and provided their projections on demand in the following years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Patrick Drake, Co-Founder, Director of Global Sustainability and Head Chef at HelloFresh (until March 2019).
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.