GLG Network Survey: B2B Trade Shows
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives within the trade shows/events space.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the current trends within the B2B trade shows and exhibitions space following COVID-19 and its impact on the space.
- Respondents discussed the major players within the industry such as Comexposium and Clarion, evaluating their ability to grow in the market going forward.
- Lastly, the survey provided an overview of opportunities in different regions globally going forward.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents evaluated the recovery of the industry, with all of them stating that recovery would be beyond 2021 and 44% expecting it to be beyond 2022.
- Looking at the trends going forward, 68% expect there will be a greater number of mixed digital and physical events.
- The greatest post COVID-19 issue highlighted by our experts is the lack of commitment from exhibitors/visitors (22%), which is also mentioned as a key signifier of recovery (54%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Valérie Lobry-Granger, former GM at Comexposium.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How long do you think it will take until the industry reaches pre-COVID-19 levels?
- Which of the following do you consider the biggest issue for event organisers post-COVID-19?
- Do you foresee changes to the standard business model as a result of COVID-19?
- What are the main changes that you foresee?
- In your view, how concentrated would you say the trade events market is?
- Until 2019, how would you rank the most dynamic regions for the events industry?
- How would you rank these regions today (end of 2021)?
- What are the main trends you foresee for the near future of events industry?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Fintech Payment Platforms – New!
- 95 retail customers of payment vendors were interviewed on their usage of fintech solutions. Respondents assessed their preferences with regard to different paytech companies as well as “Buy Now, Pay Later” solutions.
- The survey was drafted by Omar El Sherif, former director of Commercial International Bank (CIB).
- UK Insurance – New!
- 30 senior executives working at insurance brokerages were interviewed on the current trends in the UK Insurance industry. Respondents discussed the future of the industry and implications of Brexit and regulatory changes.
- The survey was drafted by Brendan McCafferty, former CEO of Brightside Group PLC. Data released in October 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Non-Performing Loans II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 30 directors working in banks across Spain, Italy and Greece commented on the demand of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in Covid-19 times, whether they are seeing an increase in NPLs, potential supply of NPLs and the appetite for demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- Payment Systems + Event
- 70 executives in the payments space (AMEX, Visa, Stripe, WorldPay, etc.) commented on the impact of Covid-19 on the market trends in the payment space, transaction volume, competitive landscape.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Eric Grover, Principal at Intrepid Ventures who specializes in providing corporate development and strategy consulting to payment networks across the US and Europe.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.