GLG Network Survey: Automotive Semiconductors
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 60 senior executives with knowledge of automotive semiconductors within the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This survey discussed causes of the current bottleneck in supply.
- The research also investigated how various parts of automotive production are impacted.
- Furthermore, the experts provided their views on the outlook for 2023.
Examples of findings:
- 45% of experts believe that MCU is the most impacted semiconductor product category.
- STM is the supplier most able to adapt to unprecedented demand with 49% of experts agreeing.
- More than half (55%) believe the recovery from supply shortage will happen in 2024 or later.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Dr. David Smith, former Vice President at Lam Research Corporation.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Which semiconductor product categories are involved in the current supply shortages seen in the automotive industry?
- In your view, which semiconductor product category has been most impacted by supply shortages seen in the automotive industry?
- Which car domain functions have been most impacted by the shortages?
- Which, if any, of the following you believe to be the main causes for a shortage in semiconductors at a total industry level?
- Which markets do you believe are driving the chip demand within the automotive industry?
- Which of the following constraints do you believe is causing a bottle neck for chip output?
- What are the typical order lead times for key semiconductor components within the industry?
- What is your expectation for demand of Si at an industry level in 2023 compared to 2022?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs IV – New!
- Fourth wave in this tracker series. 50 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US discussed electrification trends, Covid-19 impact, competitive landscape for Aston Martin, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes.
- GLG Tracker: Coal Phase-Out II – New!
- Second wave in this tracker series. 70 senior executives working at power plants and utility companies in Europe and North America provided their views on the organisational, investment and market implications of the coal phase-out. The survey also gathered insights into alternatives that fuel organisations are planning to use in the future.
- Carbon Pricing
- 70 senior executives working at multinational companies across the US and Europe discussed national CO2 prices and provided insight into how companies define internal carbon pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham Weale, Professor for Energy Economics at the Centre for Environment, Resources and Energy, Ruhr University Bochum.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.