GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 70 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US. This is the second survey to follow the first one conducted in March 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This is the second iteration of this study where respondents discussed about the COVID-19 impact on their operations and budgets.
- The survey investigated the electrification trends on the automotive market and the respondents’ projections for the short and medium term.
- Lastly, experts provided a competitive assessment of OEM players such as Aston Martin, Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes.
Examples of findings:
- The most significant challenge for Automotive OEMs continues to be the ability to continue to supply parts/services following COVID-19 (66%), though logistics cost has significantly risen as a concern since the previous run (36% to 46%).
- In this second iteration, respondents were asked about the impact of the global microprocessor shortages, which 87% noted production output or sales had been affected by this.
- Experts ranked electrification as the main opportunity for OEMs to increase revenues going forward, with Fiat Chrysler rated the most prepared for the shift to electrification (67%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Bradley Yorke-Biggs, former Managing Director at Aston.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How much focus has there been on ensuring the continued viability of critical wholesale, retail and distribution channels of your business during the COVID-19 crisis?
- What factors do you believe would help stimulate demand in your sector?
- Please rank the top 3 factors in terms of opportunity for OEMs to increase revenues.
- Which countries do you believe enjoy the greatest level of national support/intervention frameworks to accelerate new sustainable automotive technologies?
- What do you perceive to be the primary infrastructure challenge for future mobility products and services?
- Please rank the top 5 OEMs in order of your perceived preparedness for the shift to electrification.
- Please rank the top 5 OEMs in terms of their legacy processes and systems.
- How much do you agree with the following statement: “The long-established automotive OEMs fully recognise the risk posed by new start-ups disrupting the global mobility markets and entrenched business models”?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Refineries II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in December 2020. 50 high level decision makers at European refineries commented on the future of the industry. The survey investigated the impact that COVID-19 has had on the industry and whether it is expected to bounce back.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Rae, former VP at Shell Oil Company. Data released May 2021.
- Geophysical Services – New!
- 50 senior executives within the Geophysical Services industry discussed the current trend and outlook for these services and end markets. Topics covered include the impact from COVID-19 on the industry, as well as oil prices.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mike Edwards, Board Member at Geopost Energy. Data released May 2021.
- European Airports Outlook – New!
- 50 senior executives working at airports in Europe discussed about expected passenger volume and main factors that can help or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels. The survey also gathered insights about their views on COVID-19 passports and how their introduction will align with country quarantining restrictions, along with projections on which countries will recover the quickest from the impact of COVID-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alex Kirby, former Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at Gatwick Airport.
- GLG Tracker- Hydrogen Market Overview II – New!
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in December 2020. 45 users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry, as well as manufacturing and construction, discussed about the use of hydrogen and how it can also be used as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at AcalEnergy.
- GLG Tracker- Automotive Suppliers II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 60 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Spadafora, former Chief Engineer, Global SUV at General Motors Company.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.