GLG Network Survey: Alternative Meat
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
65 senior executives working at alternative meat companies commented on the outlook of the industry and how it is expected to fare against traditional meat-based products.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Our experts commented on the expected growth and future of the alternative meat industry.
- The survey investigated the outlook of the space and how it is expected to fare against traditional meat-based products.
- Furthermore, the survey also looked into the biggest concerns within the industry, such as regulatory fears.
Examples of findings:
- The target consumers identified by respondents for these alternative meat companies on the most-part are meat-eaters (77%) rather than vegetarians/vegans (54%).
- When assessing the biggest hurdles in commercialising alternative meat products, achieving regulatory approval was ranked as the highest concern (44%), followed by high quality taste (38%).
- Respondents are confident their products will be well-received by consumers, with 83% stating they are ‘moderately’ or ‘extremely’ confident.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Mark Post, CSO at Mosameat.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What do you see is the most effective method for tissue culture being scaled up?
- What do you see are the biggest hurdles in commercialising cell-cultured meat?
- Which areas do you see is most needed for intellectual property generation/protection?
- When do you expect cell-cultured meat to reach price-parity with conventional meat?
- What do you see as the most important drivers of cost reduction?
- Who do you see as your major competitors?
- In your opinion, how likely will there be destructive opposition from traditional meat producers?
- How confident are you that consumers will accept this type of product?
- What do you see as the three main drivers of consumer acceptance?
- How concerned are you that cell-cultured meat will reach the same or lower price of conventional meat?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Alcoholic Beverages – New!
- 70 supermarket and bar/pub buyers of alcoholic beverages across the US and Europe discussed the outlook for spirits, beer, wine and hard seltzers going into summer. The survey also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on demand and whether or not consumer’ taste changed over the lockdown
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lou Applebaum, former SVP Business Development at Constellation Brands.
- GLG Tracker: Car Rental II + Event – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 50 executives at car hire companies in Europe and the US commented on the longer-term effects of the slowdown on profitability, fleet valuation, labour and real estate costs and other planning decisions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Tristram-Walmsley, former Group Franchise Director at Europcar Mobility Group.
- Cinema Landlords – New!
- 30 senior executives operating within Cinema Real Estate in the UK commented on the future of the industry including how the space might expect to recover or future uses of cinema spaces. Furthermore, the survey investigated how landlords expect operators handle the recovery from COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stephen Court, Former MD of Hammerson PLC. Data released June 2021.
- Gambling Consumers
- 2000 sportsbetting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc.
- Holiday Parks – New!
- 60 senior executives working at Holiday Parks in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium) discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market. The survey also looked into the outlook of the market for 2021 and the respondents’ predictions for recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham White, Former Chief Executive Officer of Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work.
- K-12 Education
- 60 Senior leadership heads at private k-12 education schools, discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. Looking at both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. The performance of major education groups was also discussed, looking at the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- Meal Kit Market – New!
- 60 senior executives working at Meal Kit companies discussed the latest trends in the market and provided their projections on demand in the following years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Patrick Drake, Co-Founder, Director of Global Sustainability and Head Chef at HelloFresh (until March 2019).
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.