GLG Network Survey Tracker: Airport Ground Handling III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 current executives at airport ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany who discussed the latest trends in the market and the impact of COVID-19.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This survey revisited topics explored in the first and second waves of this survey on Airport Ground Handling, providing a wave-by-wave outlook on the industry.
- The survey investigated how players in the industry are planning and forecasting recovery.
- It also explored the lasting impact of COVID-19 on demand within the airport ground handling space.
Examples of findings:
- Over the course of the three waves of this survey, the percentage of normal flight-related activity rose steadily, with 90% of the respondents now seeing at least half of their activity resumed, compared to 58% in February 2021 and 29% in June 2020.
- 54% of the sample now believe that flight volumes will return to pre-COVID-19 levels within a year, an increase from 8% in February 2021.
- 84% of the respondents estimate that their profit in 2021 will increase compared to 2020, whilst just 8% expect a decrease.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Due to COVID-19, what % change in revenue are you seeing to date from the Domestic segment?
- Due to COVID-19, what % change in revenue are you seeing to date from the International segment?
- What % of your normal flight-related activity is currently in operation?
- When do you think flight volumes will go back up to pre-COVID 19 levels?
- How likely do you foresee the closure of some airport operations permanently?
- How likely are you to pursue and insist for payment of past due invoices?
- What is your estimate for the change in 2021 profit before tax compared to previous year?
- Please finish the following statement: I expect industry revenue budgets for 2021 to be…
- How likely do you see the aviation industry downsizing in the future?
- Do you expect many mergers or acquisitions within the industry in 2021?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Coal Phase-Out – New!
- 70 senior executives working at power plants and utility companies in Europe and North America provided their views on the organisational, investment and market implications of the coal phase-out. The survey also gathered insights into alternatives that fuel organisations are planning to use in the future and what prerequisites are missing for the market to become ready for the phase-out of coal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Markus Hatwig, former Head of Group Strategy for the Vattenfall Group.
- Petrochemical – New!
- 60 C-level executives working in the petrochemical industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on the sector and provided insights into its performance in the first half of 2021. The research also investigated the current demand issues and prediction for the rest of the year.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Hodges, Chairman at International eChem. Data released in July 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Airline Leasing III + Event – New!
- Third wave to follow the second wave conducted in March 2021 and first wave conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discount their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings.
- Geophysical Services
- 50 senior executives within the Geophysical Services industry discussed the current trend and outlook for these services and end markets. Topics covered include the impact from COVID-19 on the industry, as well as oil prices.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mike Edwards, Board Member at Geopost Energy. Data released May 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.