GLG Network Survey: Aircraft Leasing
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 35 aircraft lessors and 35 airline executives responsible for procurement.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Aircraft lessors and airline executives shared their current outlook and situational actions taken since the impact of COVID-19.
- The survey explored current relationships between lessors and airlines.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and outlooks for the aircraft and airline industry as a whole.
Examples of findings:
- Compared to August 2020, airlines are nowadays more likely to expect restructuring (94% in Jan 2021 vs. 86% in Aug 2020) and in many cases this has already taken place since the initial survey (89% as reported in Jan 2021).
- Lessors are more rigid in comparison to 2020 in terms of their relief criteria, with 76% reporting they are likely to be more stringent when airlines request for relief.
- In addition, the outlook for lessors is much more negative, with this jumping from 23% to 55% in the past 6 months. 60% of the respondents do not believe that passenger demand will return to 2019 levels before the end of 2022.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Which of the following actions did your airline take during 2020 following the onset of the COVID-19 crisis?
- Please rank these potential challenges facing airlines in Q1 of 2021 in order of severity (with 1 being the least critical and 5 the most critical to long-term survival).
- When do you think passenger demand for the industry as a whole will return to 2019 levels?
- What proportion of your airline networks do you expect to be operating by the end of 2021?
- Which of the following actions did your lessor take during Q4 2020?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials (EI)
- European Packaging
- 50 buyers of paper and packaging solutions provided insight into their current packaging needs, trends in the market and future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Brereton, an advisor on the European Paper and Packaging Industry and former COO of Group Business/Operational Strategy at DS Smith Plc.
- Rolls-Royce Customers
- 50 buyers of Rolls-Royce engines from aeronautics and defence space discussed about the key trends within the industry and impacts of past economic downturns, outlook on the sector, including underlying risks and opportunities.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Weir, former Engineering and Technology Executive and Strategy and Business Development Vice Present at Rolls-Royce.
- Battery Innovation
- 70 executives across the US and Europe working for an automotive OEM, consumer electronics, grid storage firm (utilities, independent power producers, developers, system integrators), telecom, datacentre, high volume battery manufacturing firm to comment on the latest innovations of lithium-ion batteries and how it is used by different verticals.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brian Dillard, former Vice President at Primus Power.
- Elevator Market
- 50 experts in the elevator industry across the US and Europe shared current trends and their projections for market recovery after Covid-19 and its impact on both new installations and repairs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Robert Williams, owner of Legacy Elevator Advisors LLC.
- European Refineries
- 50 high level decision makers at European refineries commented on the future of the industry. The survey investigated the impact that Covid-19 has had on the industry and whether it is expected to bounce back.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard Fullarton, Former Senior Lead at Royal Dutch Shell, and Founder of Matilda Capital Management.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.