GLG Network Survey Tracker: Aircraft Leasing IV
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 35 aircraft lessors and 35 airline executives responsible for procurement. This is the forth wave to follow the third wave conducted in June 2021, second wave in March 2021 and first wave in September 2020.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Aircraft lessors and airline executives shared their current outlook and situational actions taken since the impact of COVID-19.
- The survey explored current relationships between lessors and airlines.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and outlooks for the aircraft and airline industry as a whole.
Examples of findings:
- The majority of airline respondents (58%) stated that they are experiencing a higher passenger load compared to Q3.
- The level of positivity towards the future of the industry continues to grow, with 84% now being positive, compared to 72% in June 2021, 43% in March 2021, and 40% in September 2020.
- Lessors stated they expect repossession activity to slow or stop completely in 2022, with 41% expecting no repossessions and 34% stating less activity will occur compared to 2021.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What percentage is your airline’s approximate fleet mix by body?
- Compared to your company performance in Q3 2021, what level of utilisation is the current active passenger fleet achieving?
- Please rank these potential challenges facing airlines in 2022 in order of severity (with 1 being the least critical and 5 the most critical to long-term survival).
- What is your view on the future outlook for the airline industry?
- What proportion of your airline’s network do you expect to be operating by the end of 2022?
- As sustainability and the environment move back up the industry’s agenda, what actions and decisions has your airline taken to address the issues?
- What is the size of your lessor, measured by delivered portfolio?
- How would you describe your lessor’s investment strategy?
- What types of assistance/relief are you currently providing to lessees?
- Compared to 2021, what level of repossession activity do you expect your lessor to engage in during 2022?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Biofuels II – New!
- 75 executives across the globe (focus on the US) procuring feedstock to produce biodiesel, renewable diesel (HVO) and co-processed renewable diesel (HVO) discussed the company technology, impact of Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) policy, current trends and future industry outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Elsenblast, current President of Agribio Consulting and former VP International Feedstock Development at Renewable Energy Group.
- UK Energy Industry – New!
- 30 senior executives within the UK Energy industry discussed the current trends within the industry, focusing on the key market drivers and trends, including cost volatility, policy and regulation, customer demand, technology solutions and competition.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Robert Hull, former MD for Ofgem.
- Infrastructure and Construction
- 70 senior executives working in the infrastructure and construction space along with distributors of building material commented on the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- Questionnaire was draft by Andreas Weisser, former Global Business Development Director at OHL Group.
- GLG Tracker: Bioplastics II
- Second survey to follow the first one conducted in April 2021. 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Peter Clydesdale, former Chief Commercial Officer / co-CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.