GLG Network Survey: Advertising Platforms
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 80 marketing leads based in the US, Europe and Australia, who discussed their online strategy and platform use.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey analysed the strengths, weaknesses and use cases of Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Ads in digital strategy.
- Respondents commented on the vendors they use, their budgets for these and how budget allocation has changed over time.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ views on IDFA and how this may affect strategy and ROI.
Examples of findings:
- As expected, the platforms that are most often used within marketing strategies are Facebook (99%), Google Ads (98%) and Instagram (93%).
- The highest percentage of overall budget is typically allocated to Google Ads, which on average makes up 40% of organisations’ total ad spend budget.
- The survey covers core strengths and weaknesses of platforms, with 52% of respondents stating Instagram has “hard to prove ROI” and 40% see its strengths in targeting and analytics (40%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Joey Alva, CEO at Rockit Digital Marketing.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Which of the following do you plan to use for the rest of 2021?
- How much on average did you spend on the following vendors in Q1 2021?
- How much on average do you expect to spend on the following vendors in Q3 2021?
- Has Pinterest’s new overview feature influenced your ad spend?
- In 2021, how much has your budget changed for the following advertising platforms?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “The launch of spaces, scrolls, and professional profiles has impacted our future budget allocation for the Twitter platform”?
- Which of the following strengths of the Google platform are the most beneficial for your business?
- What is your overall ROI satisfaction for the following platforms?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “The success of topics has impacted our future usage of the Twitter platform”?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “The additions of Instagram shop and check-out has influenced our strategy”?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT)
- RPA Customers – New!
- 80 customers of Robotic Process Automation vendors discussed the RPA competitive landscape, assessing their use and consideration of the various vendors such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism. Furthermore, the survey investigated process mining, and how this is used to apply RPA technology.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James Dening, former GM at Automation Anywhere. Data released in May 2021.
- 70 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler, Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and will provide insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure,LLC. Data released in March 2021.
- GLG Tracker: ERP Software II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in Nov 2020. 60 resellers of ERP software such as SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Netsuite, Workday, Oracle, Informatica, Lexmark, Salesforce discussed about the sales trends, market demand, competitive landscape and pricing dynamics.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dr Gopal Kutwaroo, Managing Partner at Intellsoft and former Global Vice President, Cloud SaaS Product Management & Product Marketing at The Sage Group PLC. Second wave data released in February 2021.
- Sage Customers
- 80 customers of Sage software discussed the competitive landscape of Sage software, outlook in terms of purchasing plans, COVID-19 considerations and general customer satisfaction with Sage.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Yaj Malik, former EVP and MD for Sage. Data released in March 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.