GLG Network Survey: Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) in India
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG will interview 100 executives at large, medium, & small merchants across India, who avail of Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services to understand the BNPL market and preferences in it.
What will you learn from this survey?
It will explore the preferences that key decision makers/ buyers have for various BNPL providers. The survey will also gather insights into volume and transaction trends. Lastly, experts will comment on services used along with new offerings such as working capital loans, stickiness with BNPL providers and the likelihood of switching providers too.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Nitin Bakshi, Former Regional Head, Merchant Payments at PayTM.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What are the most important factors for you to opt for BNPL providers?
- What are the most popular forms of BNPL acceptance at merchant locations, amongst the options of credit card acceptance, QR code acceptance, own POS terminals, etc.?
- Where do you find BNPL option to be most effective (POS terminals, Online payments, etc.)?
- How much commission do you pay to BNPL providers? What you expect to pay in the future?
- Which BNPL providers are you currently using as part of providing payment options for consumers?
- Would you switch away from current BNPL providers? If yes, what are the reasons? Which BNPL provider would you switch to?
- Approximately, what was your checkout conversion rate before and after adding the BNPL option?
- Has your average order value (AOV) increased post implementation of BNPL payment at your outlet?
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.