European Airline Market Outlook
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed n50 European airline executives from large and small airlines.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Changes to competitive dynamics over the coming year as airline operators recover from the immediate impact of COVID-19
- Asset values and how these are expected to develop in the future
- Airlines’ expectations of passenger travel volumes, price trends and possible incentives to encourage travel over the coming months
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Martin Lynch, former Head of Commercial Finance at EasyJet.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- When do you think air travel passenger numbers will return to pre-Covid levels, i.e. 2019?
- Please rank the top 3 continents according to how quickly you air travel is going to recover.
- How likely do you think airlines will provide incentives to encourage passengers to resume travel (e.g. price reductions, loyalty points, bonus miles)?
- How likely do you think governments will provide incentives to resume travel (e.g. tax reductions)?
- If airlines were to increase prices due to operational costs, how likely do you think they will pass it on to passengers?
- How likely will load factors be capped to provide passengers with the confidence and space to feel safe on an aircraft?
- What do you think will happen to prices over the medium term?
- How likely do you think there will be route closures?
- Which airline model will recover more quickly?
- How likely do you think the orders for new aircrafts will be reduced?
- How likely will restricted airports continue to provide slot alleviation measures through this winter 20/21?
- How likely will airlines start and add new routes this winter 20/21 to serve pent up demand for leisure travel?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials, Consumer Goods or Technology, Media, Telecommunications sectors (Limited subscriptions and above).
For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Multi-Client Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Multi-Client Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Multi-Client Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. All materials may not be redistributed or displayed in any form without the prior written consent of GLG.