EMEA Network Surveys: UK High Street Retailers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 30 decision makers for retailers on the UK high street.
What will you learn from this survey?
- GLG interviewed 30 high level decision makers for UK retailers.
- The survey asked retailers about their performance over the Christmas period in terms of metrics such as sales and footfall.
- Additionally, this survey explored the impact that COVID-19 has had on the industry and expectations for the future of the high street.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Simon Russell, former Director, Operations Development at John Lewis.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Full webcast report as presented by the Network Member will be delivered after the webcast on 3 February.
- What was the footfall over the Christmas period compared to last year?
- By how much did the introduction of tier 4 Covid restrictions impact your business sales against your previous expectations over the Christmas period?
- What percentage of the total sales volume post tier 4 Covid restrictions is a stockpile purchase?
- How would you describe the regional performance of your business over the 2020 Christmas period, compared to the business average in this period?
- What sales do you predict by region for 2021 compared to the business average?
- What other changes do you expect to see in 2021 for physical shops?
- Do you think there will be a change in the actual number of overall physical shops you have in 2021?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as by revenue, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- 62 hotel managers and hotel owners across Europe and the US discussed about their collaboration with Bedbanks (Hotelbeds, Webbeds, World 2 Meet, Travco, Bonotel, HotelsPro, Stuba).
- Questionnaire was drafted by Fabrice Cravatte, former Head of Global Chains at Hotelbeds.com.
- Consumer Travels – OTA and Metasearch
- 2000 consumers across Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) and the US, discussed about their upcoming plans to travel, past experience with booking business and leisure travels with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and metasearches as well as their preference to book flight/accommodation through various sites.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director Strategy & Business Development at Edreams Odigeo.
- Hotel Operators II
- 50 brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives across Europe and the US, discussed about the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Neil Amin, current CEO at Shamin Hotels.
- Luxury Product Consumers
- 60 luxury fashion buyers from retailers across Europe, China and the US provided quantitative insights on which brands are hot/not, current trends and the COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Helen David, current Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd, and former Fashion Director at Harrods Ltd.
- Car Dealers
- 50 auto dealers across Europe provided quantitative insights on sales trends for various car brands/types, dealer operations and feedback on sales tools such as the online platforms like Autotrader.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Connor Mc Cormack, Managing Director at CMC Automotive Consulting, and former CEO of Inchcape PLC.
- European & US Car Rental Market
- 50 current executives at European and US car rental companies (including Europcar, Hertz and Avis) discussed about their views on headcount reduction, fleet valuation and future profitability.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Martyn Smith, former Interim Chief Financial Officer of Avis Budget Group.
- Sports Retailers
- 80 retailers of sportswear brands (mainly Nike, Adidas, Under Armour) discussed about the latest trends in brand demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Gwen Manto, former Chief Merchandising Officer at Dicks Sporting Goods.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.