GLG Network Survey: US & European Sportswear Retailer Trends
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 73 purchasing/sales managers and merchants in sports retail across the US and Europe (the UK, Italy, Germany, France and Spain).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Purchasing/sales managers and merchants in sports retail provided insight into the current trends in sportswear retail.
- The survey investigated how COVID-19 has impacted the sportswear retail industry with a specific focus on Adidas, Nike and Under Armour.
- Retailers provided an outlook of sales trends in Q4 2020 as well as for 2021.
- Additionally, the survey shared insights on the impact of COVID-19 on Adidas, Nike and Under Armour supply of product as well as on support provided to retailers.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Gwen Manto, former Chief Merchandising Officer at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Is the sales trend post re-opening better, worse or the same than prior to closure?
- How do you expect your company’s sales to trend for the Q4 2020?
- Where are current gross margins versus last year for your company?
- On a scale from 1 to 5, please rate the brands on level support received from brand manufacturers during COVID-19?
- Have you seen overall wholesale price reductions in products from the following brands since the start of the pandemic?
- On a scale from 1 to 5, how confident are you that the following brands can execute their strategies for the remainder of 2020?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country and brands, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- Car Dealerships
- 50 auto dealers across Europe will share quantitative insights on sales trends for various car brands/types, dealer operations and feedback on sales tools such as the online platforms like Autotrader.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the Managing Director at CMC Automotive Consulting, and former CEO of Inchcape.
- Luxury Product Consumers
- 60 luxury fashion buyers from retailers across Europe, China and the US provided clients with quantitative insights on which brands are hot/not, current trends and the COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the current Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo, and former Fashion Director at Harrods.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.