EMEA Network Surveys: Rolls Royce Aviation
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
We interviewed 30 Rolls Royce Aviation buyers.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Speaking to buyers of Rolls Royce and competitor engines within the aviation space, we explored the outlook for this market, supply needs going forward and drivers of purchasing decisions.
- The survey explored how Rolls Royce is positioned in this market against competitors and what this means for future demand.
- Respondents also commented upon the various types of engines their active fleet has at the moment (e.g. Trent 1000 and the Trent XWB etc.) and whether or not the performance of Trent 1000 in service has had any effect on their perception of Boeing, Rolls Royce or Airbus.
The GLG Surveys team will draft the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Chris Weir, former Engineering and Technology Executive and Strategy and Business Development Vice Present at Rolls-Royce.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- When do you expect to be back to 100% pre-Covid capacity?
- What proportion of your fleet is approaching retirement?
- What percentage of your planned retirements have been brought forward due to Covid?
- What proportion of your widebody fleet is Boeing vs. Airbus?
- Does the performance of Trent XWB in service influence your purchasing decision?
- How has Total care worked for you?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as region, fleet size, engine ownership etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials (EI)
- Aircraft Leasing Executives
- 40 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally, discussed about the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
- Steel Industry
- 40 current Execs at ArcelorMittal, Celsa Steel, Schmolz & Birkenbach and other European steel producers, commented on the current demand, pricing, contracting and regulatory trends.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James King, Independent Consultant and Economic Advisor to industrial metals and raw materials industries.
- Airport Ground Handling
- 40 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany, discussed about the latest trends in the market and the impact of Covid-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
- Mining Equipment
- 50 current mining equipment customers at mining majors, predominantly in North America, South America, and Australia provided their views on equipment OEMs and how they compare across different equipment verticals.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Arrien Westhuis, former Director of Global Business Development at FLSmidth.
- European Airline Executives
- 50 current executives at European airlines gave their opinions about the impact of Covid-19 on the economic slowdown currently and longer term (2021 and after) on passenger volumes, routes and air travel prices. They also covered how asset values will develop in the future.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Martin Lynch, former Head of Commercial Finance at EasyJet. Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- European Auto Suppliers
- 40 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed about their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Axel Joachim Maschka, former SVP of business development at ValeoSa until May of 2018. Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- EU Green Deal
- 50 executives at large companies within the energy and industrial industries that are responsible for the strategy / implementation of regulations stemming from the Green Deal. The research covered ost estimations, ease of implementation and associated challenges of the EU Green Deal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andrea Mogni, former Senior financial expert on EU relations with the OECD, UN, IFIs and regional economic organizations and banks.
- 40 users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry, as well as manufacturing and construction, discussed about the use of hydrogen and how it can also be used as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at AcalEnergy.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.