GLG Network Survey: European Packaging Solutions
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 50 packaging solution buyers across Europe (the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain).
What will you learn from this survey?
Buyers of paper and packaging solutions provided insight into their current packaging needs, trends in the market and future outlook. Specifically, they discussed:
- The shift away from plastics and drivers of this behaviour.
- Likely beneficiaries of this shift (opportunities for alternative types of packaging materials).
- Rate of packaging change in terms of formats / print / SKUs.
- Impact of COVID-19 on different types of fibre-based packaging (on costs, purchasing, supply, pricing mechanisms, etc.).
- The growth of online and subsequent impact on packaging demand.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Chris Brereton, an advisor on the European Paper and Packaging Industry and former COO of Group Business/Operational Strategy at DS Smith.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- How likely is a move away from plastic packaging within your industry in the next 3 years?
- In your view, approximately how much of the move away from plastic is driven by legislation and how much by other factors?
- What opportunity do you see for the following fibre based alternatives to plastic packaging?
- What effect has COVID-19 had on your decision of purchasing different types of fibre- based packaging?
- What price increase did you experience/do you expect when you move from Transit packs to Retail Ready Packaging (RRP)?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country/regional view, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials
- Aircraft Leasing Executives & Airline Leads
- 40 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discuss the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for, cargo and capacity trends and order book dynamics.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
- European Auto Suppliers
- 40 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discuss their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former SVP of business development at Valeo Sa until May of 2018.
- Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- EU Green Deal
- 50 executives at large companies within the energy and industrial industries that are responsible for the strategy towards implementation of regulations stemming from the Green Deal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Senior financial expert on EU Affairs at the European Commission.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.