EMEA Network Surveys: Elevator Industry
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 experts in the elevator industry across the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey
- US and European elevator industry experts shared their views on current trends and their projections for market recovery after COVID-19.
- The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 on both new instillations and repairs.
- The respondents also discussed about their level of concern about COVID-19 slowing the level of urbanization and reduce overall elevator market growth.
The GLG Surveys team will draft the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Robert Williams, owner of Legacy Elevator Advisors LLC.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Which of the following best describes the general level of profitability that you expect to see in the elevator industry over the next two years?
- How long do you believe it will take for the elevator industry to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What is your level of concern that COVID-19 will permanently reduce elevator companies’ revenue?
- Which of the following best describes the impact of COVID-19 on the elevator industry as it pertains to corporate office real estate?
- What is the probability of multi elevators in one elevator shaft becoming prevalent?
- What is the likelihood that destination dispatching products will continue to be installed on a greater number of new installations?
- How much of barrier to entry or barrier to expansion do elevator industry unions have on merit elevator companies?
- What are the disruptive technologies that you see that have the potential to impact the elevator market?
- Of the four major elevator companies, in your opinion, who has the greatest opportunity to grow service revenue fastest?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials (EI)
- European Steel Industry
- For this Network Survey, GLG interviewed 40 current executives at European steel producers.
- The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, James King, Independent Consultant and Economic Advisor to industrial metals and raw materials industries.
- For this Network Survey, GLG interviewed 75 executives across the US and Europe procuring feedstock to produce biodiesel, renewable diesel (HVO) and co-processed renewable diesel (HVO).
- The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, David Elsenblast, current President of Agribio Consulting and former VP International Feedstock Development at Renewable Energy Group.
- European Packaging
- 50 buyers of paper and packaging solutions provided insight into their current packaging needs, trends in the market and future outlook. Specifically, they discussed the shift away from plastics and drivers of this behaviour, likely beneficiaries of this shift (opportunities for alternative types of packaging materials), rate of packaging change in terms of formats / print / SKUs and impact of Covid-19 on different types of fibre- based packaging (on costs / purchasing / supply / pricing mechanisms etc.).
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Brereton, an advisor on the European Paper and Packaging Industry and former COO of Group Business/Operational Strategy at DS Smith Plc.
- Rolls-Royce Customers
- 50 buyers of Rolls-Royce engines from aeronautics and defence space discussed about the key trends within the industry and impacts of past economic downturns, outlook on the sector, including underlying risks and opportunities.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Weir, former Engineering and Technology Executive and Strategy and Business Development Vice Present at Rolls-Royce.
- Battery Innovation
- 70 executives across the US and Europe working for an automotive OEM, consumer electronics, grid storage firm (utilities, independent power producers, developers, system integrators), telecom, datacentre, high volume battery manufacturing firm to comment on the latest innovations of lithium-ion batteries and how it is used by different verticals.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brian Dillard, former Vice President at Primus Power.
- European Refineries
- 50 high level decision makers at European refineries comment on the future of the industry. The survey investigated the impact that COVID-19 has had on the industry and whether it is expected to bounce back. Additionally, this survey explored how environmental concerns might also affect the industry in the future.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard Fullarton, Former Senior Lead at Royal Dutch Shell, and Founder of Matilda Capital Management.
- 75 executives across the globe (focus on the US) procuring feedstock to produce biodiesel, renewable diesel (HVO) and co-processed renewable diesel (HVO) discussed about the company technology, impact of Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) policy, current trends and future industry outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Elsenblast, current President of Agribio Consulting and former VP International Feedstock Development at Renewable Energy Group.
- Hydrogen + Event
- 40 users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry, as well as manufacturing and construction, discussed about the use of hydrogen and how it can also be used as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at Acal Energy.
- Aircraft Leasing Executives + Airline Leads + Event
- 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally, discussed about the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.