GLG Network Survey: Airport Ground Handling II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This survey revisited topics explored in the first wave of the Airport Ground Handling, providing a wave-by-wave outlook on the industry.
- The survey investigated how players in the industry are planning and forecasting recovery.
- It also explored the lasting impact of COVID-19 on demand.
Examples of findings:
- In January 2021, 92% of the respondents mentioned that their revenue dropped up to 50% versus pre-COVID.
- 86% of the sample stated up to 50% of their employee workforce was reduced/laid off, up from 68% as shown in the initial survey conducted in June 2020.
- 20% of the expert base think it will take more than 18 months for the airline industry to recover to pre-COVID levels, down from 58% reported 6 months ago.
The GLG Surveys team will draft the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Due to COVID-19, what % reduction in revenue are you seeing to date from the International segment?
- What was the estimated % revenue drop due COVID-19 in the following months this year?
- What % of your normal flight-related activity is currently in operation?
- It’s expected that when flights resume, days of week and frequency per day will be greatly reduced from pre-COVID 19 volume. How likely do you foresee the closure of some airport operations permanently?
- How likely do you see the aviation industry downsizing in the future?
- When do you think flight volumes will go back up to pre-COVID 19 levels?
- How likely do you foresee the delay of restarting some airport operations?
- When flights resume, assuming you had hourly employee layoffs, what will you will likely do?
- How much was the decline in revenue for 2020 compared to 2019?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials (EI)
- European Packaging
- 50 buyers of paper and packaging solutions provided insight into their current packaging needs, trends in the market and future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Brereton, an advisor on the European Paper and Packaging Industry and former COO of Group Business/Operational Strategy at DS Smith Plc.
- Rolls-Royce Customers
- 50 buyers of Rolls-Royce engines from aeronautics and defence space discussed about the key trends within the industry and impacts of past economic downturns, outlook on the sector, including underlying risks and opportunities.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Chris Weir, former Engineering and Technology Executive and Strategy and Business Development Vice Present at Rolls-Royce.
- Battery Innovation
- 70 executives across the US and Europe working for an automotive OEM, consumer electronics, grid storage firm (utilities, independent power producers, developers, system integrators), telecom, datacentre, high volume battery manufacturing firm to comment on the latest innovations of lithium-ion batteries and how it is used by different verticals.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brian Dillard, former Vice President at Primus Power.
- Elevator Market
- 50 experts in the elevator industry across the US and Europe shared current trends and their projections for market recovery after COVID-19 and its impact on both new installations and repairs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Robert Williams, owner of Legacy Elevator Advisors LLC.
- European Refineries
- 50 high level decision makers at European refineries commented on the future of the industry. The survey investigated the impact that COVID-19 has had on the industry and whether it is expected to bounce back.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard Fullarton, Former Senior Lead at Royal Dutch Shell, and Founder of Matilda Capital Management.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.