GLG Network Survey: UK Pubs
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 40 pub owners and tenants across the UK, belonging to Ei Group, Admiral, Greene King, Punch and other pub companies.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Pub owners and tenants provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their businesses.
- The survey investigated how the first lockdown impacted UK pubs’ operating profits, their experience of the ‘Eat Out To Help Out Scheme’, and what support pub owners and tenants received from the government.
- The survey also explored how the pandemic impacted pubs’ debt levels and their future outlook for 2021.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns Limited.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What was your pub’s average weekly sales pre-COVID-19 (net sales)?
- What are your current revenue levels compared to the same time in 2019?
- By how much less is your current revenue compared to the same time in 2019?
- What is your forecast for December (Christmas) sales levels for your pub?
- How long do you think it will take for your pub to recover to pre-COVID-19 revenue levels?
- What labour % did your pub operate before the COVID-19 lockdown?
- Do you think your pub business will survive this pandemic and new government regulations?
- How likely are you going to spend this planned Capex?
- What was your pub’s operating profit for the full 2019 year?
- What do you forecast your pub’s operating profit will be for the 2020 year?
- Looking ahead, what do you think your pub’s operating profit will be for the 2021 full year?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as region and revenue size, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- Beauty Product Consumer Trends
- 4,100 consumers across the UK, Europe, the US and China discuss their behavioural patterns for haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products with relevance to Douglas and Coty.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oreal.
- Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- Cruise Bookings
- 30 European Travel Agents provide their views on demand for cruise bookings.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former CEO of Carnival UK until January of 2018.
- US and European Film Production Market
- 75 current executives working within the film industry discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the film and streaming industry, outlook of competitive landscape of the long-video streaming space and recent changes in consumer habits.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the VP of Creative Content in Fox’s Franchise Management group.
- UK Gym Operators
- 50 current executives at UK gyms discuss their expectations for future revenue reduction, the hit to profitability from subscription cancellations and rent payment resumptions, and plans for real estate footprint reduction.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former CEO of Anytime Fitness until April of 2020.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.