GLG Network Survey: European & US Car Rental Market
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 50 executives at car hire companies in Europe and US on their opinions on long term effects of the slowdown on profitability, fleet valuation, labor costs and real estate, and other planning decisions.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Trends in leisure and corporate car rental volumes post-COVID-19.
- Fleet management, including used-car values and purchasing intentions in 2021.
- Car hire executives’ views on critical industry trends, including technology and future areas of growth in mobility and labour costs.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Martyn Smith, former Interim Chief Financial Officer of Avis Budget Group.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- 1 x additional report that highlights the survey findings and presented by the Network Member during the webcast will also be provided.
- How have your overall rental revenues performed since the COVID-19 outbreak?
- How did your leisure and corporate rental volumes for 2019 calendar year change over 2018?
- When do you think your car rental volumes will recover to the equivalent previous quarter pre-COVID-19?
- Which summer season do you think your car rental volumes will reach the 2019 (i.e. pre COVID-19) level, if ever?
- When do you think your Fleet utilisation will recover to the equivalent previous quarter pre-COVID-19?
- What is your expectation for used-car values over the next 9 months?
- Assuming availability from the manufacturers, what would be your present intention regarding risk cars for 2021 purchases?
- Through the COVID-19 period, have you changed your number of rental locations on a permanent basis?
- Through the COVID-19 period have you changed the average rent cost of your rental locations?
- After the COVID-19 period, how do you expect your number of employees by department to change compared to before?
- Next year, do you anticipate that you will spend less/ the same/ more money on technology in the following areas?
- What are the areas of Mobility which you would regard to being critical to invest in over the next 3 years, post COVID-19?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- An optional report with extensive data analysis and summary of key findings will be provided upon request for an additional fee of $2,500 USD.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country and revenue size etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional fee of $1,500 USD.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.