GLG Network Survey: European Car Dealerships
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 50 owners, operators, sales, purchasing and finance executives from car dealerships across Europe selling new and used vehicles.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided their views on the disruption caused by COVID-19 and the impact on demand for motor vehicles.
- The survey explores car dealers’ perceptions on the short- and long-term implications for the new and used car markets.
- The survey also investigates how dealerships are adapting to meet the shift in user habits caused by COVID-19, OEM consolidation and drivetrain considerations, including the shift towards EVs.
- The importance of an online and digital presence and the use of third party platforms such as Autotrader and Autoscout24.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Connor McCormack, former CEO of Inchcape.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- How long will it take for your annual new vehicle volumes to return to those of 2019?
- Which OEMs do you think will lead this bounce back to pre-COVID-19 volumes?
- What are the biggest changes you are expecting to see in how customers purchase vehicles?
- What steps are you taking to counter the rise of shared mobility solutions in your market?
- How important has digital & online advertising been for generating vehicle sales leads since the COVID-19 crisis?
- Which of the following OEMs are likely to consolidate in the next 3 years, in your opinion?
- How likely is it that there will be fewer physical dealerships in 3 years?
- Which of the following OEMs are the most likely to be the leaders in your market with the development & launch of environmentally friendly hybrid & electric passenger car drivetrains?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country and different OEMs, etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- European & US Car Rental Market
- 50 current executives at European and US car rental companies (including Europcar, Hertz and Avis) provide their views on headcount reduction, fleet valuation and future profitability.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Interim Chief Financial Officer of Avis Budget Group.
- Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
- 2,000 consumers and business customers of Online Travel Agencies globally across the US and Europe share their experiences on using different platforms including eDreams, Booking.com, Expedia and Google Travel.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer at eDreams ODIGEO.
- FMCG in India
- 100 current FMCG distributors of major brands across Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities in India share their inputs on how COVID-19 has impacted their business operations along with retail store coverage.
- Home Appliance Distributors
- 70 distributors and retailers who sell Haier, Midea, Gree air-conditioners across China share their experiences on the impact COVID-19 has had on air-conditioner sales performance in 1H 2020, including sales volume, pricing war, inventory trends as well as changes in consumer behaviour.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.