GLG Network Survey: European Auto Suppliers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 60 executives at car manufacturing firms in management, purchasing, supply chain and operations positions.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Supplier and OEM dynamics, including selection criteria, barriers to entry and power dynamics.
- Impact of COVID-19 on the automotive supply chain and its dynamics.
- Pricing trends, purchasing criteria and costs of replacing suppliers.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Axel J. Mascka who previously served as Senior Vice President, Business Development, at Valeo (2013-2018).
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- 1 x additional report that highlights the survey findings and presented by the Network Member during the webcast will also be provided.
- How many commodities do you source/negotiate in your commodity area?
- How many suppliers do you regularly work with per commodity area?
- How did you select the supplier?
- Did you ever switch the supplier in this commodity area?
- How do you ensure a continuous level of performance of your single source?
- How regularly do you add new players to your supplier panel?
- How is such a new entrant introduced?
- How do you ensure a continuous level of performance?
- How do you manage the contradicting needs arising from COVID-19?
- At what point would you consider replacing your long term partner suppliers?
- What impact/consequences do you expect from COVID-19 on your supplier panel?
- What type of overall power balance shift between OEM and supplier do you expect to happen?
- How do you assess the following suppliers you work with?
- What are the key purchase criteria when it comes to selecting a supplier?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- An optional report with extensive data analysis and summary of key findings will be provided upon request for an additional fee of $2,500 USD.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables (i.e. comparison of the data in different segmentation groups such as country and revenue size etc.) will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.