GLG Network Survey: Aircraft Leasing
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Survey team interviewed 35 aircraft lessors and 35 airline executives responsible for procurement.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Aircraft lessors and airline executives shared their current outlook and situational actions taken since the impact of COVID-19.
- The survey explores current relationships between lessors and airlines.
- It also investigates the impact of COVID-19 on future trends and outlooks for the aircraft and airline industry as a whole.
The GLG Survey team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
The standard deliverable, includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What are the criteria for deciding whether to support a request for relief?
- Please rank these potential challenges facing your lessor in order of severity (with 1 being the least critical and 5 the most critical).
- How likely are airlines to use lessors to finance future deliveries, compared to pre-COVID?
- What proportion of your airline’s network do you expect to be operating by the end of 2020?
- Do you expect your airline to restructure its business and operations in the future?
- Which of the following actions did your airline take in the 4-6 week period following the onset of the COVID-19 crisis?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy & Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above).
- For those with a subscription not including the above, cost of the survey is $5,000 USD. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint.
- A more detailed set of cross-tabulation tables will be provided upon request for an additional charge of $1,500 USD.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy & Industrials
- EU Green Deal
- 50 executives at large companies within the energy and industrial industries that are responsible for the strategy towards implementation of regulations stemming from the Green Deal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Senior financial expert on EU Affairs at the European Commission.
- European Steel Industry
- 40 current executives at ArcelorMittal, Celsa Steel, Schmolz & Birkenbach and other European steel producers share their views on current demand, pricing, contracting and regulatory trends.
- Questionnaire was drafted by a respected Economic Advisor to industrial metals and raw materials industries.
- Access recording of webcast presentation here.
- Semiconductor Industry
- 70 procurement officers responsible for buying semiconductors in the US and Europe across a range of end market segments e.g. automotive, smartphone, IoT, cloud, etc. share insight on the main actual trends in the semiconductor industry, growth expectations and semiconductor value propositions for specific end-markets.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
- European Airline Market Outlook
- 50 current executives at European airlines share their opinions of the impact of COVID-19 and economic slowdown.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former Head of Commercial Finance at EasyJet.
- Access recording of webcast presentation here.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.