US Shift : Team Manager (Council Development Team)
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
We are seeking candidates for a Team Manager position on the Council Development (US Shift) team in Mumbai. The team is responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to GLG clients, globally.
The Team Manager will be reporting to the Senior Leader in Mumbai and will oversee a team of Council Development professionals and will play a critical leadership role in delivering excellent client service, managing people development and maintaining a high-quality benchmark. The role also entails partnering closely with team members from across the local & global office and providing support on client projects.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and lead a team of professionals toward meeting or exceeding business targets (commercial, quality, and service)
- Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to the team.
- Develop direct reports’ capabilities and skills through coaching, feedback, and performance management
- Serve as hands-on support for the team’s opportunities (i.e., scoping, staffing, resourcing, problem solving), optimize load balancing and delegation, and implement account strategy
- Discover training needs and provides coaching
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 8 – 12 years' experience in managing B2B teams for varied business hours, demonstrating best in class client-service capabilities along with team build-out and expansion experience
- Postgraduate / Graduate degree from a top-tier university
- Outstanding communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written, and using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc)
- Successful track record of working in fast-paced, client-service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth/turnaround
- Passion for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to take full ownership of allocated responsibilities and leading by example
- Ability to problem solve, manage escalation and collaborating with teams to achieve objectives
- Understanding of different types of clients and interest in working across industries (financial services, energy, industrials, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, etc.)
- Prior experience working in US shift
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.