GLG is seeking an Associate to join its South APAC Finance team. The team helps accelerate top and bottom-line growth and drive strategic initiatives alongside Business Development and Client Solutions Leaders across South APAC. The Associate will be a solid individual contributor and team member reporting directly to the Managing Director for South APAC who is based in the Singapore office.
This position will provide thoughtful business intelligence, analysis and reporting to measure business performance and drive growth acceleration strategies across the South APAC markets. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders, and requires the candidate to demonstrate exceptional business acumen, maturity and relationship-building capabilities. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and communications skills. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple high-priority projects, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial, can-do, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop deep understanding of the business and operations, current trends and strengths and weaknesses of each distinct business line and market
- Develop key business performance metrics, and build and maintain real-time automated monitoring tools and dashboards to inform senior management of the health of the business
- Produce and distribute regular reports and presentations of business performance
- Build and improve upon reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes based on Salesforce data, stakeholder inputs, own judgment and analyses of historical performance/trends
- Make fact-based recommendations and develop own perspective on all analyses performed
- Assist with other ad-hoc operational or financial initiatives to enhance overall performance management system
- Act as data steward to ensure accurate and up-to-date information in Salesforce
- Provide guidance to the Business Intelligence Team to build actionable dashboards and tools
- Collaborate with the Finance Team across APAC on monthly BAU deliverables and regional allocations
- Closely coordinate between senior stakeholders within South APAC and support functions such as Finance, Business Intelligence and Development in New York and other GLG offices.
- Meaningful work experience (2-4 years), ideally in management consulting, or other highly analytical business or strategy role.
- Analytic agility and creativity, with strong technical skills and ability to develop and deliver key insights.
- Devotion to accuracy, integrity and consistency of data and models.
- Elite database skills – SQL and Salesforce reporting skills are essential to success in this job.
- Elite modeling and Excel skills – ability to build efficient, scalable, and intuitive models
- Good Powerpoint skills with commitment to create thoughtful communications and visually attractive presentations
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or business intelligence tools preferred.
- Experience with Python preferred.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and senior management across APAC.
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.