Strategic Projects Senior Associate - Private Equity
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG Strategic Projects leverages the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise to deliver comprehensive answers for complex business challenges. We combine the execution rigor and problem-solving of top-tier management consultants with deep insights of leading industry professionals to staff bespoke client engagement teams. These engagement teams leverage GLG capabilities and are supported by an internal GLG team for thought-partnership, quality oversight and scope management. Our unique approach provides streamlined, but customisable project support to deliver in-depth actionable insights to client questions.
We are seeking a Strategic Projects Senior Associate to join Strategic Projects for Financial Services which is part of the wider Strategic Solutions team. You will be supporting private equity and hedge fund clients across commercial due diligence, market mapping, voice-of-customer, and growth strategy engagements. We are looking for strategy consultants with a strong fundamental consulting toolkit with an appetite to accelerate their development on business development and product management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develops trusted client relationships with the investor community and strategically thinks about tackling complex strategy and research efforts
- Manage projects from start to finish and ensure top quality level of service and deliverables
- Contributes to the product strategy and innovation, including cooperation with cross-functional Business Units (BU’s) within GLG (e.g. Sales, Client Solutions, Surveys)
- Support the development of project proposals and assist in the review of ongoing client deliverables
- Support all aspects of project development with a focus on sourcing consultants/ executives and helping develop proposals
- Work closely with clients to help scope and structure their most-pressing needs
- Collaborate with Managers/Senior Managers on the team on review of PowerPoint deliverables, secondary research, market sizing models, survey questionnaires, Excel survey analysis, etc…
- Troubleshoot complex engagement structures with Finance and Legal team while adhering to contracting best practices
- Engage with independent consultants and senior executives to make sure we deploy the best resources possible for our clients
- Work with GLG Business Development and Client Solutions teams to ensure full internal collaboration on projects
- Build lasting relationships with our clients and experts
- Contribute to internal and external business development initiatives, and contribute to growing this business to a $50M+ business
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-3 year's experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm or Investment Bank
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Exposure to private equity transactions and/or knowledge of middle-market private equity buy-outs
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Full business proficiency in English
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.