HR Business Partner
GLG is seeking a highly motivated, organized self-starter and experienced professional to join our Americas HR team as an HR Business Partner (HRBP). The HRBP will align closely with our Americas leadership to help execute business objectives through various talent strategies. The Americas leadership team consists of a team of General Managers (“GMs”), Head of Operations and Head of Platform Services. The GMs are P&L owners of their business unit responsible for developing and executing a client-centric strategy that boosts revenue, profit and market share, while cultivating a team of client service professionals.
The HRBP provides guidance to senior managers on a wide variety of topics to develop solutions for the business. This is both a hands-on, as well as a strategic role expected to collaborate and influence all levels of the organization. The HRBP will partner with the other Centers of Excellence and business partners such as Finance and Legal on employee relations, headcount forecasting, and various other talent related strategies. The ideal candidate should be highly collaborative and an HR generalist with experience in every aspect of HR management including, but not limited to talent acquisition, organizational development, talent management, performance management, investigations, compensation and benefits. This individual must be comfortable balancing competing priorities and conflicting opinions, in an environment of potential ambiguity and dynamic change.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide both strategic and tactical support to senior management and employees, executing on our talent strategy throughout the year
- Ability to assess the organization's capability to deliver on business strategies, and translate business needs into HR strategies
- Proactively develop, recommend, and implement a talent strategy to support business goals, specifically with regard to organization development, talent acquisition, performance management, retention, learning and development, and employee relations
- Ability to conduct in depth investigations
- Partner with the business on performance improvement and career progression
- Work with the Compensation team to foster the creation and application of effective compensation programs that drive business priorities, retain and motivate talent
- Run annual compensation, performance review, talent review, promotion and job re-leveling processes for assigned client groups
- Manage, contribute and partner with HR colleagues on local and/or global projects and strategic initiatives, as required
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive HR Business Partner experience with strong business acumen
- Must be experienced working in a highly collaborative matrix organization
- Ability to adapt and be agile, navigate through ambiguity and prioritize multiple work streams without sacrificing quality
- Proven experience executing on organizational changes, to support the business strategy
- Highly strategic, with a track record of demonstrated impact to a company’s HR practices and procedures
- Demonstrated strong internal stakeholder management, both with senior management, frontline employees, and internal support functions
- Superior communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Adept in technical HR knowledge across the various HR functions such as compensation, change management, talent acquisition, employee relations, HR analytics, etc.
- Results oriented, with a sense of urgency and a focus on service delivery and willingness to be hands-on
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and organization and attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.