The GLG Marketing team defines GLG’s brand and promotes our product offering to many audiences, including clients across the financial services, professional services, and corporate sectors. Based primarily in our New York headquarters, our team brings together strategists, storytellers, and relationship builders who deliver the right messages to the right people across every channel.
The Senior Manager, Brand and Product Strategy, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Solutions, will be responsible for brand and product marketing strategy, partnering with global marketing and business leads across GLG.
The primary responsibility of the Brand and Product Strategist is to build out brand strategy as a discipline – from connecting business strategy with brand thinking, to ensuring GLG’s brand and product offerings articulate a differentiating and compelling promise against its competitive set globally.
Additionally, you will partner with the Central Solutions (Product) team to standardize a go-to-market process for new, productized research solutions, that can be leveraged by our Business Unit (BU) Marketing team for segment-specific campaign deployment.
The ideal candidate shares a philosophy that brands are rooted in a strong business strategy and this should be reflected across GLG’s client, council member, and employer experience.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Building out Brand Strategy as a discipline
- Translate business objectives, insights, and relevant business trends to underpin strategic solutions, ideas, and recommendations
- Provide analysis and synthesis on complex branding problems that require both analytical and creative thinking
- Ensure GLG’s brand articulates a promise that is differentiating, compelling, and engaging against its competitive set globally
- Help to organize and streamline the portfolio of services for GLG (and reflect in an evolving product architecture)
- Support in the creation of value propositions and brand- and product-level messaging to ensure consistency and effective marketing
- Develop naming for individual products and services, ensuring that these names avoid potential strategic, cultural, and linguistics issues
- Oversee and manage the research and development of quarterly competitive reviews to be executed by a more junior member of the Marketing team, helping to support their growth and development
- Occasionally present to business stakeholders at key moments in the strategic process, managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring their voice is heard and business needs are met
- Supporting strong Brand/Product Communication
- Partner with Central Solutions team to design and manage go-to-market product roll-outs (based on product roadmap)
- Partner with BU Marketing team on marketing programs targeting key audiences designed to build awareness and generate demand for Strategic Solutions offerings
- Develop product messaging and positioning frameworks and toolkits for the GLG Marketing team to leverage for campaign efforts
- Partnering with Creative Director to Manage the Brand/Product Architecture
- Govern the brand/product architecture internally and externally
- Ongoing brand management including overseeing of trademarking
- Lead by influence and ensure adoption of strategic deliverables
- Support the development and roll-out of Brand training content and compliance with brand standards
- Consulting with Talent Acquisition team on employer branding and the employer people proposition
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills either client or agency side
- A strong team ethic with a can-do attitude
- Experience in B2B brand management
- A proven ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization and to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Ability to translate business strategy and objectives to develop brand programs that support business goals
- Be a systems thinker
- Ability to simplify and clearly communicate research and strategic thinking
- Ability to understand, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and qualitative inputs
- Be a collaborator who will support teams across the organization to ensure ideas align with strategy and standards
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.