Senior Client Solutions Associate
Our Client Solutions team is the engine of GLG. Senior Associates work directly with our clients – professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consultancies, and non-profits – to help them learn and make better decisions every day. Senior Associates facilitate custom learning solutions such as phone consultations, one-on-one meetings, surveys, reports, and consulting engagements with leading experts and executives.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Critical thinking: Determine and recommend the most effective research methodology by understanding client’s ask and how they match to GLG’s product offerings, which are, but not exhaustive to - phone consultations, surveys, placements, written reports, and events.
- Sales: Understand and identify clients’ learning needs daily over phone and email and pitch customized learning solutions accordingly. Review commercial success, problem solve, and present GLG’s capabilities at the onset and through to the conclusion of projects.
- Project management: Execute and maintain accountability for customized learning projects for clients end-to-end, including the overall client experience.
- Client service: Provide exceptional service by delivering on the ever-changing scope of their project, by understanding the client’s business strategy, policies and markets and advising accordingly.
- Compliance: Navigate complex compliance requirements and operational procedures that differ across a wide pool of clients, therein representing GLG’s key value proposition.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with your team and other internal stakeholders to deliver on research needs to maximize commercial outcomes, which includes coordinating cross functional partners in Recruiting, Business Development, Compliance, and Legal.
- Accountability: Maintain accountability and responsibility for client projects and the overall client experience by understanding that the information provided is relevant and accurate.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1+ year of relevant or transferable work experience, in account management, consulting, business development, customer service, or recruiting.
- Experience thriving in a data and metrics driven organization
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-speed and volume environment
- Superior oral and written client communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and takes ownership of work, in an ever-changing, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with strong interpersonal skills, and receptive to close coaching and feedback
- Insatiable desire to learn about new industries and value chains
As you develop and demonstrate best-in-class client servicing and project execution skills, you will after a year have the chance to progress to Client Solutions Manager, where you run projects of more varying size and complexity, and get the opportunity to coach junior professionals on your team alongside your Team Leader.
In the first three months you will
- Complete GLG’s Senior Associate training program
- Learn the fundamentals of best-in-class client servicing as part of a small and closely-knit regional team
- Become adept at navigating the world’s knowledge marketplace and engage world-leading experts across all sectors
- Assist experienced colleagues with all project workflow components in your journey to becoming a GLG project manager
- Receive close-coaching and guidance from your manager and colleagues with the goal of expediting your development
In the first six months you will
- Start to independently and end-to-end manage small to medium-sized projects
- Become a commercial contributor in your team and be able to traverse GLG’s compliance framework and product suite
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage and a contributory pension plan), generous vacation and holiday schedule.
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- Part time or flexible working considered
Note: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.