Senior Account Manager DACH - Private Equity Clients
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
The Account Manager – DACH is a key client-facing role on GLG’s EMEA Private Equity sales team based in Munich that plays a vital role in leading GLG’s private equity, venture capital and family office relationships across Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The Account Manager engages and manages client relationships, helping them fully realise the value of GLG’s platform and services. They will have responsibility to develop both large and mid-sized firms, collaborating with a team of Client Solutions professionals to bring new project ideas to clients. At GLG you will have both the opportunity to progress quickly and to also work in a collaborative environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels within the client in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition
- Collaborate with GLG’s EMEA-wide Client Solutions teams to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Identify growth opportunities, build and execute account plans and realise objectives by helping to lead and prioritise GLG’s client service teams
- Collaborate with colleagues – sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology – to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and new business
- Expand the penetration of existing clients and drive monetisation of work as well as adoption of new products and systems
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-7 years of work experience in an Account Management/Sales role in relevant industries
- Demonstrated ability to make consultative enterprise-level sales, as well as to develop, build and execute account plans by coordinating resources across multiple client service teams
- Comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Executive presence, the ability to interact with senior executives and professionals
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Bachelor’s degree, or above, or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual, or German native speaker with full business proficiency in English
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.